[comp.sys.mac] NeXT HD prices

borton@uva.UUCP (Chris Borton) (11/22/88)

In article <17823@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> lange@cs.ucla.edu (Trent Lange) writes:
> Has anybody else taken notice of this?  A 330MB hard disk for only $2000!
>
> I haven't seen anything sold for the Mac come even close to this!  In
> the ads that I've seen, the cheapest 3rd party hard disks holding close
> to 330MB cost at least twice as much!
>
> Just more price gouging on the Mac front, as usual?

The Wall Street Journal article also pointed out that many suppliers were
falling over each other to offer NeXT incredible deals in order to use their
equipment.  This included Tenadem disk drives at ~50% of normal, I believe.

-cbb
***
eat this,
inews!
***
--
Chris Borton	borton%uva@mcvax.{nl,bitnet,uucp}
Rotary Scholar, University of Amsterdam CS