[comp.sys.mac] BBS Software

lisenchu@bnrmtv.UUCP (Jason Lisenchuk) (11/05/88)

Can someone point me to software that will allow me to host a BBS
on my PC?  Ditto for Mac.

ngg@bridge2.3Com.Com (Norman Goodger) (11/17/88)

In article <4209@bnrmtv.UUCP>, lisenchu@bnrmtv.UUCP (Jason Lisenchuk) writes:
> Can someone point me to software that will allow me to host a BBS
> on my PC?  Ditto for Mac.

  You can get Red Ryder Host direct from  Freesoft.
  For complete information Call or Write

  FreeSoft
  150 Hickory Dr.
  Beaver Falls, PA 15010
  Ph 412-846-2700

  Host 2.0 is getting closer to shipment, the current version 1.4a is
  $60, but you should verify with Freesoft that its still available with
  version 2.0 getting very close to release. I keep forgetting to ask
  Scott about this point. The upgrade fee and new price for 2.0 has not
  been set. It will be announced as soon as it begins to ship. If you
  need more information about the software features, let me know.

--
Norm Goodger				SysOp - MacInfo BBS @415-795-8862
3Com Corp.				Co-Sysop FreeSoft RT - GEnie.

ads4@tank.uchicago.edu (adam david sah) (11/24/88)

BBs software suggestion:

You best bet is Searchlight BBs, if you want super-easy, super-reliable, and INCREDIBLY user-friendly software. SLBBS features a built-in online editor which
beats thse pants off THIS one I'm using now...
It's also terribly fast and very powerfulk...

Call my BBs at (312)752-6104 to demo SLBBS... or call the original SLBBS at
(516)724-0971...

(on either one are available national lists of SLBBS BBs's...)

-A.Sah'88
SysOp, The Art of Science BBs 312-752-6104 3/12/2400 w/MNP w.avail.