[comp.sys.mac] Multiple Button Mouse

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (11/23/88)

In article <1665@pur-phy> sho@newton.physics.purdue.edu.UUCP (Sho Kuwamoto) writes:

>I would go for a two button mouse, although I still think a one button
>mouse is still easier to use.

>-Sho

I used the 2-button Microsoft mouse with Word on the PC for about a year.
It really wasn't any more difficult to get used to than Word's key
commands.

When I started using that square (original) Mac mouse, I hated it in
comparison to the rounded Microsoft PC mouse. But once I touched the
Mac's ADB mouse, that was the only one for me.  I guess I'm reacting
mostly to the size and shape for a female hand.

Now, however, the ADB mouse I'm using is beginning to stick. So if
the mouse had extra buttons, you could switch to another one when the
first one wears out :-).

Shirley Kehr

sho@pur-phy (Sho Kuwamoto) (11/23/88)

<
<<I would go for a two button mouse, although I still think a one button
<<mouse is still easier to use.
<
<I used the 2-button Microsoft mouse with Word on the PC for about a year.
<It really wasn't any more difficult to get used to than Word's key
<commands.

Well, I think the 2 button mouse would be harder for a first time user.
Double clicks are confusing, but the difference between 2 and 1 is in
my opinion, easier to remember than the difference between left and right.

-Sho

mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Mike Khaw) (11/24/88)

> Well, I think the 2 button mouse would be harder for a first time user.
> Double clicks are confusing, but the difference between 2 and 1 is in
> my opinion, easier to remember than the difference between left and right.

How about a multi-button mouse with different sized buttons:  1 big one
equivalent to the button on the 1-button mouse, then smaller ones marked
"shift", "option", "cmd" (depending on the total number).

Mike Khaw
--
internet: mkhaw@teknowledge.arpa
uucp:	  {uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|ames|hplabs}!mkhaw%teknowledge.arpa