[comp.sys.mac] WriteNow 2.0

royer@savax.UUCP (tom royer) (11/12/88)

Has any owner of Writenow 1.x who ordered 2.0 received it.  I got a notice
in the mail a few weeks ago that it was imminent.  What's the scoop?

--
Tom Royer              Sanders Associates, A Lockheed Company
                       MER24-1283, CS2034          (603)-885-9171

fisher@elxsi.UUCP (Chuck Fisher) (11/13/88)

The latest word on WriteNow 2.0 is that it will start shipping
around the middle of next week (Nov. 16th or thereabouts) and it
will take 2 to 3 weeks to ship all of the updates.  If you're
lucky, you will get it by December first.

Chuck

czychi@ethz.UUCP (Gary Czychi) (11/16/88)

A couple of weeks ago I sent in my upgrade fee ($15, I think) and last week
I phoned to T/Maker. They said that it *should* come within November...

One think is very strange, however. There seems to be nobody beta testing
WN 2.0 because I have heard absolutely nothing about the beta version.
Usually you can hear and see beta versions and the accompanying rumors that
go with it, but with the new WriteNow version - nothing. I Think T/Maker has
done a good job on that:-)

	Gary

kateley@Apple.COM (Jim Kateley) (11/17/88)

In article <676@ethz.UUCP> czychi@bernina.UUCP (Gary Czychi) writes:
>A couple of weeks ago I sent in my upgrade fee ($15, I think) and last week
>I phoned to T/Maker. They said that it *should* come within November...
>
>One think is very strange, however. There seems to be nobody beta testing
>WN 2.0 because I have heard absolutely nothing about the beta version.
>Usually you can hear and see beta versions and the accompanying rumors that
>go with it, but with the new WriteNow version - nothing. I Think T/Maker has
>done a good job on that:-)
>
>	Gary

Someone from T/Maker called me today (wed the 16th) to verify my upgrades
(I have two, one for work and one for home).  They said that they
were going to ship this saturday, the 19th.....

As for betas, I noticed that there was a review in InfoWorld a couple weeks
ago talking about 2.0, so I guess if your somebody, you got a copy :-).

As usual, I have nothing to do with T/Maker except for being a fairly happy
customer.
Jim Kateley          UUCP: {sun, voder, nsc, mtxinu, dual}!apple!kateley
S,P,HnS!             DOMAIN: kateley@apple.COM  Applelink: kateley1
Disclaimer:   What I say, think, or smell does not reflect any policy or
	      stray thought by Apple Computer, Inc.    (Die or Free Live)

rsvp@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (R. Scott V. Paterson) (11/25/88)

I purchased WriteNow 1.0 through Dartmouth College and
the manual and disk are stamped, "For Educational Use Only."
My question is, will I also receive the upgrade to 2.0?
It would be a shame if I had to buy 2.0 after I already
bought 1.0.
Thanks,
-rsvp

R. Scott V. Paterson
Kiewit Computation Center Systems Operator
Dartmouth Class of 1990
rsvp@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
rsvp@dartcms1.bitnet