[comp.sys.mac] screen image of color screen?

mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) (11/22/88)

Has apple broken the ctr-shift-3 and 4 with color screens?  On my MacII
the screen dump doesnt work when color is on.

Mark Interrante   		Software Engineering Research Center
mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu		CIS Department, University of Florida 32611
"Imagine what it would be like if TV actually were good. It would be the end
 of everything we know."  Marvin Minsky

holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) (11/23/88)

In article <19324@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
>Has apple broken the ctr-shift-3 and 4 with color screens?  On my MacII
>the screen dump doesn't work when color is on.

No, they *never* worked with color screens.  Buy Colorizer from Palomar
Software.  It's about $50 and supports color printing on the IW II and
customization of your menus, windows, highlighting...

Fred Hollander
Computer Science Center
Texas Instruments, Inc.
holland%ti-csl@csnet-rela

The above statements are my own and not representative of Texas Instruments.

julian@riacs.edu (Julian E. Gomez) (11/23/88)

In article <19324@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
" Has apple broken the ctr-shift-3 and 4 with color screens?  On my MacII
" the screen dump doesnt work when color is on.

That's correct. The best way to deal with the situation is to get
Colorizer from Palomar Software. It comes with two FKEYs called Color
Printscreen and Color Savescreen.  All this stuff works properly with
an IW2 with a color ribbon.

--
"Have you ever wondered if taxation without representation was cheaper?"

	Julian "a tribble took it" Gomez
	julian@riacs.edu

sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) (11/27/88)

in article <19324@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) says:

> Has apple broken the ctr-shift-3 and 4 with color screens?  On my MacII
> the screen dump doesnt work when color is on.

 My Mac II came with a command-shift-9 screen dump. It creates a PICT image
of the screen, color and all.

If you have FKEY mover, take a look to see if that what is installed in your
system.

Jan Harrington, sysop
Scholastech Telecommunications
UUCP: husc6!amcad!stech!sysop or allegra!stech!sysop
BITNET: JHARRY@BENTLEY

	Miscellaneous profundity:

		"No matter where you go, there you are."
				Buckaroo Banzai