[comp.sys.mac] Think's LSP 2.0

pgn@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu (Paul G. Nevai) (11/25/88)

I rec'd LSP 2.0 yesterday. I HATE IT!!!

It crashes under multifinder, it almost blew up my second monitor (this
never ever happened before), it bombs when deleting files from the project
and then corrupts the project, it does not properly recognize the Pascal
word "in". In short it looks as if I am being beta tested.

Anyone else on the net with similar experiences? It's a deja vue (cf. SUM
INITs).

Are you reading this, Rich?

Paul Nevai                                pgn@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu
Department of Mathematics                 TS1171@ohstvma.BITNET
The Ohio State University                 73057,172.Compu$erve
231 West Eighteenth Avenue                1-(614)-292-5310.office
Columbus, OH 43210, U.S.A.                1-(614)-292-4975.department

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (11/30/88)

In article <1097@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu> pgn@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu (Paul G. Nevai) writes:

>I rec'd LSP 2.0 yesterday. I HATE IT!!!

	*Sarcasm begins*
Thank you very much for those positive and uplifting words of encouragement.
	*Sarcasm ends*

>It crashes under multifinder, it almost blew up my second monitor (this
>never ever happened before), it bombs when deleting files from the project
>and then corrupts the project, it does not properly recognize the Pascal
>word "in". In short it looks as if I am being beta tested.

	You have managed to complain a lot without providing ANY useful
information. I don't mind hearing about problems (in fact, I WANT TO KNOW,
so that we can fix the inevitable bugs), but random screaming will get you
nowhere and will probably piss off the people who can help you.

	Questions for you:

	- WHAT VERSION of system software?
	- HOW MUCH MEMORY in your machine?
	- HOW BIG is Pascal's partition under MultiFinder?
	- WHAT BRAND of second monitor? Color or monochrome?
	- HOW BIG is the project document?
	- IN WHAT CONTEXT does it not like "in"? It works fine for me.

		--Rich
Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

Any opinions stated in this article do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of Symantec Corporation or its employees.