[comp.sys.mac] Information on "FontSizer" wanted

czychi@ethz.UUCP (Gary Czychi) (11/30/88)

Hi there,

in MacTel digest #44, PETER TRINDER writes:

> I have been playing with FontSizer from US Microlabs. It lets you create
> bit mapped font ANY size up to 127 pt. It does this by imaging the font
> using its postscript version on the LaserWriter (or other PostScript
> Printer). It really works very smoothly. It took abt 2.5 mins to make me a
> 39pt Times Roman and install it into the System. I then made a nice 42pt
> Chancery and Dingbats, they look superb! It could also be a way of making
> the large bit maps for the SC (but you cant construct them on an SC). No
> smoothing is required.

Hi all,

does anybody out there know anything about that? I would be very interested
to learn more about prices, availability, and if its possible, more
opinions about FontSizer or similar products.

Thanks a lot,

Gary

        Gary T. Czychi             University of St.Gallen, Switzerland

                CZYCHI@CSGHSG52.BITNET   (also: CSGHSG53)
                CZYCHI@ETHZ.UUCP

                        Tel.: --41 / 71 / 28 30 55