[comp.sys.mac] Memory Problems

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (11/29/88)

In article <595@cadillac.CAD.MCC.COM> hardin@dino.cad.mcc.com (John Hardin) writes:

>By the by, has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with Microtech's SIMMs?
>They have high profile, 120nS 1 MB SIMMs for $295 which carry a 1 year warranty.
I'm interested in your experiences with memory going bad.  Evidently the
2Mbyte Levco Monster Mac upgrade in my 512 is causing problems.  When
Computer Quick replaced the power supply last weekend, they mentioned that
a diagnostics test showed a memory error.  The machine is essentially
unusable with bombs every few minutes.  Can I assume that my one-year old
memory has gone bad?  Is this something that happens occasionally?  I've
never heard of bad memory.

Shirley Kehr

ptc@genrad.com (Paul T. Chieffo) (11/30/88)

>>In article <595@cadillac.CAD.MCC.COM> hardin@dino.cad.mcc.com (John Hardin) writes:
>>By the by, has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with Microtech's SIMMs?
>>They have high profile, 120nS 1 MB SIMMs for $295 which carry a 1 year warranty.

What specificly is the difference between high and low profile and what
machines will each work in.  I assume the profile has to do with chip
height.  What is the maximum height allowed to be still considered low
profile(eg work in a Mac SE as well as a Mac II).  Thanks in advance.

									-Tim