[comp.sys.mac] Suggestion for a new PrintMonitor

buzz@kinetics.UUCP (Mahboud Zabetian) (11/28/88)

Dear Apple,

Is there any way you could possibly add a way to change the printer associated
with a PrintMonitor Spooled Document?  If I am sending a document to one
printer for printing, and it happens to be busy, I would like to be able to
change its destination printer without having to cancel the print job, re-open
my application and choose a different printer with the chooser, and then
reprint.

Would it be possible to have a menu of available printers and then just select
the print job you are interested in and then use the menu to redirect it?

Just a thought,..

--Mahboud

Standard Disclaimer:  Don't mind me, I'm just babbling.
    Mahboud Zabetian	(415) 256-3702		buzz@kinetics.uucp
     Kinetics, Inc.			...!ucbvax!mtxinu!kinetics!buzz
   2540 Camino Diablo		      ***Coming soon: buzz@kinetics.com !!***
Walnut Creek, CA 94596		     mtxinu!kinetics!buzz@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
   "You may ask yourself, how did I get here?  This isn't my beautiful..."
 							--- Talking Heads

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (11/29/88)

In article <672@kinetics.UUCP> buzz@kinetics.UUCP (Mahboud Zabetian) writes:
<
<Dear Apple,
<
<Is there any way you could possibly add a way to change the printer associated
<with a PrintMonitor Spooled Document?  If I am sending a document to one
<printer for printing, and it happens to be busy, I would like to be able to
<change its destination printer without having to cancel the print job, re-open
<my application and choose a different printer with the chooser, and then
<reprint.
<
<Would it be possible to have a menu of available printers and then just select
<the print job you are interested in and then use the menu to redirect it?
<
<Just a thought,..
<
<--Mahboud

I heartily second this proposal. Some people send very very long documents
to the long documents printer (the II) and sometimes I'm guilty of the same.
If you have a bunch of short documents to print and have to switch printers
it takes lots of time.

Shirley Kehr

Fabian@cup.portal.com (Fabian Fabe Ramirez) (12/01/88)

Mahboud & Shirley,

This is a feature that is currently available in SuperMac Software's
SuperLaserSpool 2.0.  If for anyone reason the selected LaserWriter is
unavailable, you can change any spool files destination LaserWriter simply by
using the Laser Queue DA's Print button.  This will present a windown listing
the currently available LaserWriters in one's local AppleTalk zone.

Fabian Ramirez
SuperMac Technology

fabian@cup.portal.com
sun!cup.portal.com!fabian

jdm@ut-emx.UUCP (Jim Meiss) (12/01/88)

In article <672@kinetics.UUCP> buzz@kinetics.UUCP (Mahboud Zabetian) writes:

>Dear Apple,
>
>Is there any way you could possibly add a way to change the printer associated
>with a PrintMonitor Spooled Document?
>--Mahboud

	I second this. Also I'd like to see printmonitors "I can't
print this" dialog have a "Postpone" opeion in addtion to the
current "try again" and "cancel".

				Jim Meiss
		 		jdm@emx.utexas.edu
				jdm@fusion.utexas.edu