[comp.sys.mac] multiple hard drives => one volume

sarrel@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Marc Sarrel) (12/03/88)

I've heard of software that will allow you to partition a hard drive
into multiple volumes.  Does anyone know of some program that would
allow me to do the reverse?  I may someday want to expand beyond
twenty megs.  I would consider it an inconvenience to have to have two
hard disk icons.

thanks,
--marc

t-jacobs@wasatch.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) (12/04/88)

In article <SARREL.88Dec3015549@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> sarrel@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Marc Sarrel) writes:
>I've heard of software that will allow you to partition a hard drive
>into multiple volumes.  Does anyone know of some program that would
>allow me to do the reverse?  I may someday want to expand beyond
>twenty megs.  I would consider it an inconvenience to have to have two
>hard disk icons.
>
>thanks,
>--marc

A company named LaCie makes hard drives and some software to go with it called
Silver Server. I believe it can make up to 7 drives look like one.

LaCie Ltd.
16285 SW 85th No. 306
Tigard Oregon 97224
1-800-999-0143 (to order)