[comp.sys.mac] xlisp 2.0

ncmagel@ndsuvax.UUCP (ken magel) (07/27/88)

    Recently the code for XLISP 2.0 was posted to comp.binaries.mac.  No
user manual of any kind was included however.  We have heard that there are
a number of unusual features in XLISP including some support for object
oriented programming.  Where can one find instructions for using this
software?  If someone has instructions, could they post them in this news
D?
group or at least send them to comp.binaries.mac

hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) (07/27/88)

In article <1051@ndsuvax.UUCP> ncmagel@ndsuvax.UUCP (ken magel) writes:

>    Recently the code for XLISP 2.0 was posted to comp.binaries.mac.  No
>user manual of any kind was included however.  We have heard that there are
>a number of unusual features in XLISP including some support for object
>oriented programming.  Where can one find instructions for using this
>software?  If someone has instructions, could they post them in this news
>D?
>group or at least send them to comp.binaries.mac

Boy, you guys are so quick to jump the gun,  I already recieved 6 requests for
docs.  Well they were sent to comp.binaries.mac in a separate sit at the same
time.  I assume Roger is just letting the net rest a day and they will
appear imminently.

Also,  partial sources have been sent (and posted) to comp.sources.
I do not know where to get full sources, any enlightenement on this would
be appreciated.

Josh
-------------------------

Josh Hodas    (hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu)
4223 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

(215) 222-7112   (home)
(215) 898-9515   (school office)

mcnabb@m.cs.uiuc.edu (07/28/88)

  >  /* Written Jul 26, 1988 by ncmagel@ndsuvax.UUCP in comp.sys.mac */
  >  /* ---------- "xlisp 2.0" ---------- */
  >
  >  Recently the code for XLISP 2.0 was posted to comp.binaries.mac.

Sigh.  We never received parts 4 or 5, but the posting by ncmagel seems
to confirm that they were already posted, i.e. looks like they were lost
in transit.  Would some kind soul please email these to me?  I'd appreciate
the help.  Thanks.

        David McNabb

        Department of Computer Science
        INTERNET: mcnabb@cs.uiuc.edu
        USENET: ...!{cmcl2,seismo,uunet}!uiucdcs!mcnabb
	BITNET: mcnabb@uiucdcs.BITNET

p.s. An unrelated note: would UUCP posters please include a return
address INSIDE their postings, giving a path from at least one
well-known backbone site?  Thanks.

bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) (07/28/88)

In article <5638@super.upenn.edu> Josh Hodas writes:
>Boy, you guys are so quick to jump the gun,  I already recieved 6 requests for
>docs.  Well they were sent to comp.binaries.mac in a separate sit at the same
>time.  I assume Roger is just letting the net rest a day and they will
>appear imminently.

No, I never received any documentation.  I've asked Josh to post the
documentation again, and I'll post it as soon as I get it.
--
	Roger L. Long
	dhw68k!bytebug

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (08/01/88)

and you can FTP XLISP from the FTP-directory of RASCAL.ICS.UTEXAS.EDU also ...
--
-------------------->PREFERED-RETURN-ADDRESS-FOLLOWS<---------------------
(INTERNET)	werner%rascal.ics.utexas.edu@cs.utexas.edu

gollman@tuvie (Georg Gollman) (08/16/88)

Still another XLisp request:
We are missing part 1 of 5 of XLisp 2.0 posted recently.
Could someone (in Europe) mail it to me ?

						Thanks a lot
								Georg

Georg Gollmann                                  e-mail: gollman@tuvie.uucp
TU Wien, EDVZ                                   tel:    (222) 58801/3610

steve@nih-csl.UUCP (steve fellini) (12/02/88)

I'd like to get hold of xlisp 2.0 for the Mac.
Can someone give me a pointer? Preferably via FTP.
Thanks.

Steven Fellini,	Nat'l Insts Health 12B/2N207 Bethesda Md 20892, 301-496-4823
Internet: steve@alw.nih.gov	uucp: uunet!nih-csl!steve

jvverth@cs.Buffalo.EDU (James Van Verth) (12/03/88)

*sigh*  Sometimes you just don't have any luck.  I *had* a copy of this
wonderful program, but in moving, I lost the disk it was on.  (why, oh why
didn't I put it on my hard disk!)  So I contacted the guy who posted it, and
he said I could anonymous ftp it off of his machine.  Well, of course, that
was the week that the "virus" hit the network, so anonymous ftp was shut off,
for safety precautions.  So I bided my time, and wouldn't you know, I foolishly
deleted the file that had the address I needed to make space for some other
things.

So why am I telling you all this?  Quite simply, does anybody know where I can
get a hold of this monster?  An anonymous ftp location would be preferable.
Send me the info by mail -- if other people are curious, I'll post a few of
the choice answers I receive.  Thanks much.

Jim

P.S.  Thanks for the responses on the Zoom Modem -- I bought the thing (using
it now, in fact), and it seems to work great so far...

In article <3059@cs.Buffalo.EDU> jvverth@cs.Buffalo.EDU (James Van Verth) writes:
>Quite simply, does anybody know where I can
>get a hold of this monster?

Jeese.  Right after I post this article I'm reading comp.sys.mac and I see a
posting which jogs my memory enough that I remember the network address that
I was looking for (i.e. the posting was from there)  Sorry to waste your time
and the bandwidth, folks.

Jim

jvverth@cs.buffalo.edu
"And Job was sore and his wife angry and she rent her garment, and then
raised the rent but refused to paint." -- Woody Allen
--
Jim Van Verth                                     jvverth@cs.buffalo.edu
    "Baseball is a simple game.

yeung@reed.UUCP (Woodrow Yeung) (12/03/88)

Could someone send me a copy of the header file for the xlisp 2.0 source code?
A listing of all the sources needed for the xlisp Lightspeed C project would
also be aprreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Woody Yeung
yeung@reed
tektronix!reed!yeung

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (12/04/88)

In article <843@nih-csl.UUCP>, steve@nih-csl.UUCP (steve fellini) writes:
> I'd like to get hold of xlisp 2.0 for the Mac.
> Can someone give me a pointer? Preferably via FTP.

	as you seem to know about FTP, why not exercise your power
	and check the various archives for files you are looking for ???

	if you have to post such a question, please post first, at least,
	with limited distribution ....

	where to look for files?  SUMEX.STANFORD.EDU, SIMTEL20.ARPA,
	RASCAL.ICS.UTEXAS.EDU ...etc

	and another hint:  before posting a question that you are
	not certain a lot of people need to see - simply mail it
	to one of the more frequent posters;  they are usually glad
	to answer and thus keep the news-group from getting cluttered.

	This is not meant as a put-down of Steve but rather as a
	statement which will discourage 25 others from posting
	similar, unneccessary articles ... I know someone is likely
	to feel the urge to flame me;  don't suppress it, but do it
	in email!!

--
--------------------> PREFERED-RETURN-ADDRESS-FOLLOWS <---------------------
(ARPA)	    werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu   (Internet: 128.83.144.1)