[comp.sys.mac] Re. QuickMail-UNIX mail

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (12/01/88)

marc@kong.Atlanta.NCR.com asked:

>Has anyone written a QuickMail script to log onto a UNIX machine
>and send/receive mail?

StarNine (*IX) of Berkeley is developing a product which will
allow UNIXmail-QuickMail interaction in a very user-friendly
way.  The product is probably a few weeks away from release.
Basically, it will serve as a mail sending/receiving locus
to connect networked Macs with the rest of the UNIX world.
For more information, you might want to send a note to
mcgee!starnine!UUCP.  In a demo at BMUG, it looked very nice,
smooth, and well-integrated.

John Heckendorn

marc@kong.Atlanta.NCR.COM (Marc Rhodes) (12/05/88)

In article <17599@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu () writes:
>marc@kong.Atlanta.NCR.com asked:
>
>>Has anyone written a QuickMail script to log onto a UNIX machine
>>and send/receive mail?
>
>StarNine (*IX) of Berkeley is developing a product which will
>allow UNIXmail-QuickMail interaction in a very user-friendly
>way.  The product is probably a few weeks away from release.
>Basically, it will serve as a mail sending/receiving locus
>to connect networked Macs with the rest of the UNIX world.
>For more information, you might want to send a note to
>mcgee!starnine!UUCP.  In a demo at BMUG, it looked very nice,
>smooth, and well-integrated.

Thanks to all those who responded with the info about StarNine.  I have
talked with them about their products and, as you say, they look very good.
However, also has you note, their product is not available yet.  In addition,
the first release will only be on A/UX and Sun (I think).  That won't help
those of us using other UNIX machines such as NCR Towers.

That was I why I wanted to get a telecom script working for the short term
and then migrate to a more sophisticated solution later on.

Marc Rhodes
...!gatech!kong!marc