[comp.sys.mac] Feed on comp.binaries.mac

straka@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Straka) (11/29/88)

My feed on comp.binaries.mac has been silent for a full week.  This is
unprecedented if it has been moderator-initiated.  My gateway machine (att),
which is (I suspect) pretty-well connected, has had no activity in that
newsgroup for that week.

Is there something I should know about?
--
Rich Straka     att!ihlpf!straka

Avoid BrainDamage: MSDOS - just say no!

cbcscavc%mx@csun.edu (12/03/88)

In article <6766@ihlpf.ATT.COM> straka@ihlpf.UUCP (55223-Straka,R.J.) writes:
<My feed on comp.binaries.mac has been silent for a full week.  This is
<unprecedented if it has been moderator-initiated.  My gateway machine (att),
<which is (I suspect) pretty-well connected, has had no activity in that
<newsgroup for that week.
<
<Is there something I should know about?
<--
<Rich Straka     att!ihlpf!straka
<
<Avoid BrainDamage: MSDOS - just say no!

I have noticed the same thing here at Cal State Northridge.  Only today
we got one binary posting.

md32+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Joseph Darweesh) (12/03/88)

CMU hasn't gotten anything on Binaries for over a week as well and I even
posted to it!!!
Anyone know what the problem is???

-Mike Darweesh
-Carnegie Mellon University
-md32+@andrew.cmu.edu

bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) (12/06/88)

In article <6766@ihlpf.ATT.COM> straka@ihlpf.UUCP (55223-Straka,R.J.) writes:
>My feed on comp.binaries.mac has been silent for a full week.  This is
>unprecedented if it has been moderator-initiated.  My gateway machine (att),
>which is (I suspect) pretty-well connected, has had no activity in that
>newsgroup for that week.
>
>Is there something I should know about?

I took the week off for Thanksgiving, and was out of town visiting relatives
(and showing off the new baby).  Once I got things back under control when I
got back, I resumed posting to comp.binaries.mac.
--
	Roger L. Long
	dhw68k!bytebug

mcnabb@zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu (12/06/88)

I still think it would be awfully nice (and very easy) for the moderator
to post a note once a week (or bi-weekly?) listing the titles of all the
postings for that week (or 2, or 3, ...).  This could easily be automated
to post an empty list for periods when there is no news but feeds *are*
working.  The non-empty lists would let people know what they did/didn't
miss without having to ask.  The empty lists would save a lot of email
to/from system administrators.

My guess is that a good deal of the moderator work is already automated -
if so wouldn't this be easy to add?

        David McNabb
        INTERNET: mcnabb@ncsa.uiuc.edu
        USENET: ...!{cmcl2,seismo,uunet}!uiucdcs!zaphod!mcnabb