[comp.sys.mac] Questions?

dsf2652%ritcv@cs.rit.edu (12/03/88)

I have a few question that maybe somewhere out in there someone can
answer them.

1)  I recently received a DEMO of a program called, 'MacCD'.  This
    program was a very unique way of playing and altering sound files.

    Has anyone out there actually seen or have the real version.  The
    author is from Aust. and I would like to know what the current
    version of it is, how the non-working parts in the demo work in
    the real version, etc..

2)  Does anyone know of any program for the MAC for a nursing student.
    My sister is a Nursing student and would benefit from programs such
    as anatomy, etc..

3)  Are there any other servers on BITNET (other that RICE) that collect
    the programs from SIMTEL-20.  Here at R.I.T. we do not have access to
    SIMTEL or to INTERACTIVE SEND commands.

Sorry for all the questions, but I would appreciate all help.

		Thanks,

		Desi

P.S.  As a hobby, I collect various digitized sounds for the Mac.  If
      anyone is interested in doing some swapping, please contact me
      directly at the following address:

BITNET     | DSF2652@RITVAX
INTERNET   | dsf2652%ritvax.bitnet@CORNELLC.CCS.CORNELL.EDU
UUCP       | {psuvax1,mcvax}!ritvax.bitnet!dsf2652

hgw@julia.math.ucla.edu (Harold Wong) (12/09/88)

In article <785@cs.rit.edu> dsf2652%ritcv@cs.rit.edu (dsf2652@ultb.UUCP (Desi S. Fuller)) writes:

>I have a few question that maybe somewhere out in there someone can
>answer them.
>
>1)  I recently received a DEMO of a program called, 'MacCD'.  This
>    program was a very unique way of playing and altering sound files.
>
>    Has anyone out there actually seen or have the real version.  The
>    author is from Aust. and I would like to know what the current
>    version of it is, how the non-working parts in the demo work in
>    the real version, etc..

I'm interested in this program too.  It seems to have a simulated "dump" feature
So sounds being larger than Mac memory can be played.  How well does this
feature work?  Are there any clicks between sound files or is it really smooth?
What I'm really looking for is something to allow me to "dump" sounds straight
into the hard disk.

Harold Wong         (213) 825-9040
UCLA-Mathnet; 3915F MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA 90024-1555
ARPA: hgw@math.ucla.edu          BITNET: hgw%math.ucla.edu@INTERBIT