[comp.sys.mac] Need a whole lotta virus info!

gtww2z9z%gables.span@umigw.miami.edu (Jason Gross) (12/06/88)

Well at long last, nVIR has made it appearance down here in Miami!  We've
only had to deal with Scores up to this point, but, hey, let's have
everybody in on this party.

Seriously, what I need to know from any Mac wizard out there is the
following info:

1)  After Scores "incubation" period of two days and starts infecting other
    applications, it does something to the System file's resource map.
    Whenever I use KillScores after the two-day period, it always destroys
    the resource map (according to Interferon 3.1).  Is there any I can
    use KillScores without destroying the resource map?  Or am I just
    doing something stupid (this is probably the case!)

2)  We don't have KillVirus for inoculating our Macs against nVIR and I
    really don't want to because of the false nVIR reports given by
    Interferon.  What I'd like to know is what I should reset the
    CODE=0 jump table to after I erase the CODE=256 put there by nVIR.  Before
    I change it, it points to the now non-existent CODE=256.  I tried changing
    it so it would go to CODE=1, but this doesn't to work too well (read:
    not at all!).

 3) Lastly, could someone please send the latest info they have on all
    the strains of nVIR.  I would pay great heaps of aluminum to have
    this.  (Gold is a bit hard to come by these days)

Pleas e-mail all info to me.  I will summarize what is mailed in a future
posting.

Thanksawholelot!

--
Jason Gross     Comp Sci Ugrad     University of Miami     Class of '91 (?)
"You'll get nothing | At the tone, leave your name, number, and message at:

gtww2z9z%gables.span@umigw.miami.edu (Jason Gross) (12/12/88)

In article <gables.319@umigw.miami.edu>, gtww2z9z%gables.span@umigw.miami.edu (Jason Gross) writes:
> Well at long last, nVIR has made it appearance down here in Miami!  We've
> only had to deal with Scores up to this point, but, hey, let's have
> everybody in on this party.
>
> Seriously, what I need to know from any Mac wizard out there is the
> following info:
>
> 1)  After Scores "incubation" period of two days and starts infecting other
>     applications, it does something to the System file's resource map.
>     Whenever I use KillScores after the two-day period, it always destroys
>     the resource map (according to Interferon 3.1).  Is there any I can
>     use KillScores without destroying the resource map?  Or am I just
>     doing something stupid (this is probably the case!)
>
> 2)  We don't have KillVirus for inoculating our Macs against nVIR and I
>     really don't want to because of the false nVIR reports given by
>     Interferon.  What I'd like to know is what I should reset the
>     CODE=0 jump table to after I erase the CODE=256 put there by nVIR.  Before
>     I change it, it points to the now non-existent CODE=256.  I tried changing
>     it so it would go to CODE=1, but this doesn't to work too well (read:
>     not at all!).
>
>  3) Lastly, could someone please send the latest info they have on all
>     the strains of nVIR.  I would pay great heaps of aluminum to have
>     this.  (Gold is a bit hard to come by these days)

> Thanksawholelot!

I would love summarize, but I don't have anything to summarize with!  Please,
all you guys and gals out there, we are really getting swamped with nVIR and
Scores and we need oodles of info on how to fix infected applications!

Again, thanxaholelot!