[comp.sys.mac] Problems printing source in LSP 2.0

news@netnews.upenn.edu (USENET News System) (12/13/88)

From: hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas)

Often when printing in best (off his Mac II) LSP will just randomly
drop out chunks of print.  (ie a line will have its top half printed
then the rest and several following lines are gone).  I would normally
suspect problems with his imagewriter II bu this does not happen in
any other apps that we know of, including LSP 1.1 which will merrily
print the same source file with no problem.

Any ideas??

Josh

-------------------------

Josh Hodas    (hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu)
4223 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

(215) 222-7112   (home)
(215) 898-5423   (school office)

dmcintee@netxcom.UUCP (Dave McIntee) (12/14/88)

In article <6659@netnews.upenn.edu> hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) writes:
>From: hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas)
>
>Often when printing in best (off his Mac II) LSP will just randomly
>drop out chunks of print.  (ie a line will have its top half printed
>then the rest and several following lines are gone).  I would normally
>suspect problems with his imagewriter II bu this does not happen in
>any other apps that we know of, including LSP 1.1 which will merrily
>print the same source file with no problem.

Something I observed which may be related:

When selecting a number of LPS source files from the Finder (i.e., LPS
not yet running) and selecting Print from the Finder's menu, it has trouble
completing the task. The error message Printer not responding ... is
displayed frequently. Clicking the button to continue causes a normal
resumption of printing, but only for a minute or two. When this occurs,
fortunately, there has been no loss of data. I've noticed no problems
printing source files from LSP itself, using LSP's print menu selection.

My configuration: MacPlus, 2.5MB of memory, 20MB Rodime drive,
no non-standard DAs or INITs, Imagewriter printer, no network
system 6.0.2, multifinder running.
--
Dave McIntee
NetExpress Communications, Inc.	  	Phone: (703)749-2380