[comp.sys.mac] Message for a friend

hoffman@arizona.edu (Barbara Hoffman-Maginnis) (12/20/88)

From: Robert J. Brenstein       (618) 453-5721 x 227 GA0095   at SIUCVMB
To:   COMBARIJ at ARIZVM1

POSTED FOR A FRIEND - CONTACT HIM DIRECTLY IF NEEDED

Subject:  making long trip to menubar shorter

There have been some complaints about the necessary but long trips to the
menu bar on large monitors.  Have anyone tried hierDA?  It is an init which
displays menu bar as a pop-up menu anywhere on the desktop (except in Finder).
I find it useful even on the standard SE screen.  It also allows to have cdev
names listed as a hierarchical menu from Control Panel item in the Apple menu.
It does more than that but this is all I use.
Robert

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (12/21/88)

In article <8422@megaron.arizona.edu> hoffman@arizona.edu (Barbara Hoffman-Maginnis) writes:

>menu bar on large monitors.  Have anyone tried hierDA?  It is an init which
>displays menu bar as a pop-up menu anywhere on the desktop (except in Finder).

	HierDA was written by Jorg Brown, before he came to work for us.
(We sometimes jokingly call him "JorgDA". :-))

	On the whole, hierDA seems to work quite reliably. There are
a few interactions (with FullWrite, if memory serves me), but nothing serious.
I'll see if I can post it to comp.binaries.mac...

	--RichDA

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

Any opinions stated in this article do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of Symantec Corporation or its employees.