[comp.sys.mac] Disassembler needed

twu@caip.rutgers.edu (Theodore Wu) (12/18/88)

	I am currently debugging a Mac program written is Pascal and
ASM. I download the disassembler from the network, but it is not
working the way I want it to. I can neither print nor save the
disassembled program. The data area at the beginning of a procedure is
not recognized. Procedures entered by "jsr" is not disassembled,
instead, it is being recognized as data. I look at the creation date
of the program, it was 1986. So I wonder if a newer and better version
has come out. If anyone out there has a better copy, can you mail it
to me. Or, if it is commercail, tell me where to get a copy. Thanks.
						-Ted

imp@crayview.msi.umn.edu (Chuck Lukaszewski) (12/20/88)

In article <Dec.18.05.43.17.1988.5804@caip.rutgers.edu>, twu@caip.rutgers.edu (Theodore Wu) writes:

> has come out. If anyone out there has a better copy, can you mail it
> to me. Or, if it is commercail, tell me where to get a copy. Thanks.
> 						-Ted

I would suggest either buy yourself a copy of MacNosy by Jasik Designs (the
expensive route but it can't be beat) or buy a copy of Macsbug 6.0 which
will save to files.

You really can't beat Nosy.

Standard disclaimer - I love the program, know nothing about the company.

Chuck Lukaszewski          imp@crayview.msi.umn.edu               612 789 0931

brian@hpfclm.HP.COM (Brian Rauchfuss) (12/22/88)

    TMON has a nice disassembler in it, and they promise to
make the whole debugger symbolic (importing LSC, LSP, and
MPW symbols to make the code readable) in the next release!

Brian Rauchfuss

Disclaim, Disclaim, hear ye, hear ye, I Disclaim.