[comp.sys.mac] MacProducts USA and MC or Visa

cad@rocket.ssl.berkeley.edu (Carl Dobson) (12/20/88)

I ordered some memory from MacProducts USA Friday 12/9.  When
they didn't show up by today, I gave them a call.  It turns out
that they are having some problem with Mastercard and Visa orders
and can't fill them.  They've been telling people this since
last week, but if you ordered before then, and haven't called
them, you should.  I gave them my American Express card number
and they said they'd ship today.

Standard disclaimer.  I'm not yet a satisfied customer, though.

du4@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Ted Goldstein) (12/22/88)

In article <18463@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> cad@rocket.ssl.berkeley.edu (Carl Dobson) writes:
>I ordered some memory from MacProducts USA Friday 12/9.  When
>they didn't show up by today, I gave them a call.  It turns out
>that they are having some problem with Mastercard and Visa orders
>and can't fill them.  They've been telling people this since
>last week, but if you ordered before then, and haven't called
>them, you should.  I gave them my American Express card number
>and they said they'd ship today.
>
>Standard disclaimer.  I'm not yet a satisfied customer, though.

I had the same problem. I ordered on 12/12, and they said it would
in two days. I called back on 12/19 and they said they could no
longer honor Visa orders. I don't have a American Express so they
offered to send it C.O.D. without any C.O.D. charge, and gave me
a 2% discount ofr the trouble. I guess that they handlled this fairly,
but I was a little disturbed that they were not going to call
customers, but rather wait for them to call in, I am waiting to
see if the delivery man will actually know that I am not supposed to
pay C.O.D. charges. I guess something like this must be a real
blow to a mail order house. All in all think I am a satisfied customer,
but I'll know for sure when I get my 100 disks in my greedy little hands...

Ted Goldstein              du4@mace.cc.purdue.edu
School of Technology
Purdue University

kaufman@polya.Stanford.EDU (Marc T. Kaufman) (12/22/88)

In article <1389@mace.cc.purdue.edu> du4@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Ted Goldstein) writes:
>In article <18463@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> cad@rocket.ssl.berkeley.edu (Carl Dobson) writes:
.>I ordered some memory from MacProducts USA Friday 12/9.  When
.>they didn't show up by today, I gave them a call.  It turns out
.>that they are having some problem with Mastercard and Visa orders
.>and can't fill them.  They've been telling people this since
.>last week, but if you ordered before then, and haven't called
.>them, you should.  I gave them my American Express card number
.>and they said they'd ship today.

.>Standard disclaimer.  I'm not yet a satisfied customer, though.

>I had the same problem. I ordered on 12/12, and they said it would
>in two days. I called back on 12/19 and they said they could no
>longer honor Visa orders. I don't have a American Express so they
>offered to send it C.O.D. without any C.O.D. charge, and gave me

You know, folks, there are only a few reasons why a business would lose its
Master Card and Visa priviledges:  Too many returns; Investigation of mail
fraud; Insolvency;... etc.  I am glad you are so trusting -- I wouldn't be.

Marc Kaufman (kaufman@polya.stanford.edu)