[comp.sys.mac] Help needed with UWv3.4 on HP-UX

angles@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk (11/16/88)

Hi There,

We are currently trying to port UWv3.4 (Unix Windows) onto a HP9000/850 running
HP-UX (SysV-ish with BSD dinkies...). Has anybody done this already? Any help
would be appreciated.

Also, is v3.4 of UW the current version? I know this one's been around for about
a year and the Mac end keeps bombing with newer systems. (ah, so much for
upward compatibility...)

---
Ian Angles
Systems Programmer
University Of Liverpool Computer Laboratory
angles@uk.ac.liv.mvax (or) qqangles@uk.ac.liv.vax (or..) angles@uk.ac.liv.ibm
                           ^^
                    Why??!!!!!
"Macs + HP's - isn't this illegal???"

erc@pai.UUCP (Eric Johnson) (11/20/88)

In article <5021@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk>, angles@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk writes:
> We are currently trying to port UWv3.4 (Unix Windows) onto a HP9000/850 running
> HP-UX (SysV-ish with BSD dinkies...). Has anybody done this already? Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Also, is v3.4 of UW the current version? I know this one's been around for about
> a year and the Mac end keeps bombing with newer systems. (ah, so much for
> upward compatibility...)
> ---
> Ian Angles
> Systems Programmer
> University Of Liverpool Computer Laboratory
> angles@uk.ac.liv.mvax (or) qqangles@uk.ac.liv.vax (or..) angles@uk.ac.liv.ibm

We are also looking for information/diffs/etc. on getting uw to work
on an HP 9000/320. If anyone has gotten uw to work ont he HP unix
boxes, could you please post the info? Or email to me, too.

Thanks very much,
-Eric

--
Eric F. Johnson          | Phone +1 612-894-0313             | Are we
Prime Automation,Inc     | UUCP:   bungia!pai!erc            | having

ashore@hpsad.HP.COM (Alex Shore) (12/23/88)

We're also looking for help on this.  We've spent some time on UW version 3.4
but have had to stop for lack of time.  The problem was the lack of full
BSD compat. if I remember correctly.  We did this on HP-UX 5.5, now
that 6.0 is out, there are more BSD goodies to choose from.  If someone else
has gotten it to work, please post an announcement of the accomplishment
to "the rest of us".

ashore@hpsad.hp.com