[comp.sys.mac] PostScript files under Multifinder.

viking@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Jon W. Backstrom) (12/14/88)

Is it completely impossible to generate a PostScript file from the
print dialogs under Multifinder?  The Command-F or Command-K switches
to produce PostScript files seem to only work under Finder.

Thanks!

Jon W. Backstrom             "Yah sure...we gonna have fun, you bet!"
Computer Science Department
Indiana University           Internet: viking@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Lindley Hall 101             UUCP: {ames,rutgers,pur-ee,att}!iuvax!viking
Bloomington, IN  47405

rudolph@m.cs.uiuc.edu (12/14/88)

>> Is it completely impossible to generate a PostScript file from the
>> print dialogs under Multifinder?  The Command-F or Command-K switches
>> to produce PostScript files seem to only work under Finder.

I do it under Multifinder all the time with no trouble.  This is using
system 6.0, not 6.02.  I seem to remember hearing that someone had trouble with
6.02.  Does anyone know if this is still supported under 6.02?

David Rudolph	rudolph@m.cs.uiuc.edu
University of Illinois

hpoppe@scdpyr.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (12/15/88)

In article <15781@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> viking@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Jon W. Backstrom) writes:
>Is it completely impossible to generate a PostScript file from the
>print dialogs under Multifinder?  The Command-F or Command-K switches
>to produce PostScript files seem to only work under Finder.

You can use Command-F or K under the MultiFinder to produce PostScript
files if you go to the Chooser and turn off Background Printing.

Herb Poppe      NCAR                         INTERNET: hpoppe@scdpyr.UCAR.EDU
(303) 497-1296  P.O. Box 3000                   CSNET: hpoppe@ncar.CSNET
		Boulder, CO  80307               UUCP: hpoppe@scdpyr.UUCP

antonio@Apple.COM (Antonio Ordonez) (12/15/88)

In article <15781@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> viking@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Jon W. Backstrom) writes:
>Is it completely impossible to generate a PostScript file from the
>print dialogs under Multifinder?  The Command-F or Command-K switches
>to produce PostScript files seem to only work under Finder.

Have you tried turning off background printing??

#include <disclaimer.h> 	/*  I'll think of a better one later  */
Antonio Ordonez				 	      amdahl \
Technical Communications/Direct Response Center	  pyramid!sun - apple!antonio
Apple Computer, Inc. (408) 996-1010		      decwrl /

naftoli@aecom.YU.EDU (Robert N. Berlinger) (12/23/88)

In article <8400049@m.cs.uiuc.edu>, rudolph@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

> >> Is it completely impossible to generate a PostScript file from the
> >> print dialogs under Multifinder?  The Command-F or Command-K switches
> >> to produce PostScript files seem to only work under Finder.
>
> I do it under Multifinder all the time with no trouble.  This is using
> system 6.0, not 6.02.  I seem to remember hearing that someone had trouble with
> 6.02.  Does anyone know if this is still supported under 6.02?

Yes it does work.  However you must have background printing turned off.
Otherwise PrintMonitor gets in the way.  Make sure you are using the
latest LaserWriter software (v5.2).
--
Robert N. Berlinger		    |Domain: naftoli@aecom.yu.edu
Supervisor of Systems Support	    |UUCP: {uunet,philabs,phri}!aecom!naftoli