[comp.sys.mac] Lightspeed Pascal V2 and Quickeys and Macromaker..

pramod@uoregon.uoregon.edu (Pramod Daya) (01/04/89)

Is anyone else using the combination of the new Lightspeed Pascal and either    Quickeys or Apple's Macromaker ?   I find that the combination causes L.S.P.
to freeze up when I use "stops" and I have to reboot the system. This
happens with both Macromaker and Quickeys and is quite frustrating.

Any advice / workarounds / fixes would be appreciated. The manuals don't
seem to have any info on the subject.

Tnx.

Pramod.

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (01/05/89)

In article <3453@uoregon.uoregon.edu> pramod@uoregon.uoregon.edu (Pramod Daya) writes:
>Is anyone else using the combination of the new Lightspeed Pascal and either    Quickeys or Apple's Macromaker ?   I find that the combination causes L.S.P.

	MacroMaker breaks a lot of things, and Lightspeed Pascal is one
of them. I haven't heard of a problem with Quickeys,  though- some of
us use the combination in-house and haven't had any problems.

R.

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

Any opinions stated in this article do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of Symantec Corporation or its employees.

rubinoff@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Robert Rubinoff) (01/06/89)

In article <918@husc6.harvard.edu> siegel@endor.UUCP (Rich Siegel) writes:
>In article <3453@uoregon.uoregon.edu> pramod@uoregon.uoregon.edu (Pramod Daya) writes:
>>Is anyone else using the combination of the new Lightspeed Pascal and either    Quickeys or Apple's Macromaker ?   I find that the combination causes L.S.P.
>	MacroMaker breaks a lot of things, and Lightspeed Pascal is one
>of them. I haven't heard of a problem with Quickeys,  though- some of
>us use the combination in-house and haven't had any problems.

Gee, I've got MacroMaker installed and don't have any trouble using LSP.  I've
put stops in, used stepping, Lightsbug, etc., without any trouble.  I haven't
actually defined any LSP macros with MacroMaker, though, so maybe that's a
relevant factor.