[comp.sys.mac] Annoying System Bug

czychi@ethz.UUCP (Gary Czychi) (12/14/88)

Hi there,

last week I switched to System Upgrade 6.02 and found a bug in the system
which was reported to Apple long ago and hasn't been fixed yet.

Meanwhile it has been affirmed throughout Europe. It affects all the
keyboards with reversed 'Z' and 'Y' keys (i.e. France, Germany, Sitzerland,
etc.).

It's very simple: On these keyboards, the Ctrl/Z and Ctrl/Y key
combinations are exchanged. Just as if it were an US keyboard...
The bug itself lies in the "KCHR" resource; I assume it has simply been
overlooked (Though it has been told to Apple at least a year ago).

That's a very nasty bug when you use a terminal emulator :-( so, Apple,
please fix it.

Gary

        Gary T. Czychi             University of St.Gallen, Switzerland

                CZYCHI@CSGHSG52.BITNET   (also: CSGHSG53)
                CZYCHI@ETHZ.UUCP

                        Tel.: --41 / 71 / 28 30 55

tecot@Apple.COM (Ed Tecot) (01/06/89)

In article <718@ethz.UUCP> czychi@bernina.UUCP (Gary Czychi) writes:
>last week I switched to System Upgrade 6.02 and found a bug in the system
>which was reported to Apple long ago and hasn't been fixed yet.
>
>Meanwhile it has been affirmed throughout Europe. It affects all the
>keyboards with reversed 'Z' and 'Y' keys (i.e. France, Germany, Sitzerland,
>etc.).
>
>It's very simple: On these keyboards, the Ctrl/Z and Ctrl/Y key
>combinations are exchanged. Just as if it were an US keyboard...
>The bug itself lies in the "KCHR" resource; I assume it has simply been
>overlooked (Though it has been told to Apple at least a year ago).
>
>That's a very nasty bug when you use a terminal emulator :-( so, Apple,
>please fix it.

Apparently, up until now, your bug report never made it to the right place.
I turned it in before Christmas, and I was told yesterday that it has just
been fixed.

						_emt