[comp.sys.mac] Need RAM disk software

lrm@b.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (GTA Systems) (01/07/89)

	I need a public domain RAM disk program that
		will work with system 6.0 and up. I
		plan to use it to hold executable
		software to be used by a class.  The
		software will then be down loaded from
		a server every time it is neded and I
		will not have to distribute the
		software on floppies before each class.

	Please reply to me at internet:
		lrm@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu
	or post where I can get one.

	Thank you very much.

	Larry Metzger
	GTA, Assistant Systems Programmer
	West Virginia University
	211 KNAPP Hall
	Morgantown, WV 26505

	(304) 293-3607

lipa@polya.Stanford.EDU (William J. Lipa) (01/07/89)

In article <228@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> lrm@b.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (GTA Systems) writes:
>I need a public domain RAM disk program that will work with system 6.0 and
>up. I plan to use it to hold executable software to be used by a class.

There is a new Ramdisk program in the info-mac archives at sumex-2060. You
can access it by FTPing to sumex-2060.stanford.edu, account anonymous,
password guest. Type "cd <info-mac>" to get to the directory containing the
macintosh archives.

If this doesn't work for some reason, contact the moderators at
info-mac-request@sumex-aim.stanford.edu.

Bill Lipa

PS. The name is UTILITY-RAMDISK.HQX.

stuartb@microsoft.UUCP (Stuart Burden) (01/09/89)

In article <228@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> lrm@b.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (GTA Systems) writes:
       | I need a public domain RAM disk program that
       |         will work with system 6.0 and up. I
       |         plan to use it to hold executable
       |         software to be used by a class.  The
       |         software will then be down loaded from
       |         a server every time it is neded and I
       |         will not have to distribute the
       |         software on floppies before each class.

       | Please reply to me at internet:
       |         lrm@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu
       | or post where I can get one.

I posted a PD cdev/INIT Ram Disk to the comp.binaries.mac moderator a
little over a week ago.  This is the first MultiFinder compatible Ram Disk
I have seen.

It should be showing up over the net RSN (I'm told there is a delay of
about 3 weeks for postings due to the volume at the moment).

If you need a copy urgently, send me e-mail and I'll e-mail it to you,
otherwise it should be about a week or two away.

       | Thank you very much.

Stu.

microsoft!stuartb@beaver.cs.washington.edu  -   Usual disclaimer, that all
microsoft!stuartb@uw-beaver.arpa            -   the above is pure fantasy