[comp.sys.mac] Alegra common lisp

stuff@crash.cts.com (David Yip) (01/08/89)

Can someone tell me what the memory requirements are for Alegra common lisp?
Will it run on a 1 meg Mac plus?

thanks,
David Yip
stuff@crash.cts.com
yipd@sds.sdsc.edu

ags@s.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Seaman) (01/09/89)

In article <3677@crash.cts.com> stuff@crash.cts.com (David Yip) writes:
>Can someone tell me what the memory requirements are for Alegra common lisp?
>Will it run on a 1 meg Mac plus?

The manual says it will, provided you have at least 1.6 megabytes of disk
storage.  But 2 megabytes of RAM and a hard disk are recommended.  I haven't
actually tried running Allegro in less than 2 megabytes, but I suspect it's
not good for much more than small demo programs in that configuration.

The system comes configured to load functions on demand, and to remove
unneeded functions during garbage collection, in order to keep space
requirements to a minimum.  You can disable this feature if you have enough
memory, in order to gain speed.

--
Dave Seaman
ags@j.cc.purdue.edu