[comp.sys.mac] Alegra common lisp in 1 Meg

flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan) (01/10/89)

In article <3711@s.cc.purdue.edu> ags@s.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Seaman) writes:
>In article <3677@crash.cts.com> stuff@crash.cts.com (David Yip) writes:
>>Can someone tell me what the memory requirements are for Alegra common lisp?
>>Will it run on a 1 meg Mac plus?
>
>The manual says it will,... but I suspect it's
>not good for much more than small demo programs in that configuration.
Yup, I tried it briefly on a + with 1 Meg [a real one, with lots of inits,
so it beats FullWrite], and tried loading one of their demos.  It spent most
of the time GCing.
If you've got 1 Meg, I suspect you'll be tempted to go for ExperCommon
Lisp.  Don't.  The "Common" is a breach of the Trade Descriptions Act.  Buy
an upgrade to 2 Meg.  With that, you can even run PCL, which you should.
[PCL running in ECL? Hah!  It might be easier to port it to Fortran.]
From: flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan)
Portal,MacNet: FlashsMom