[comp.sys.mac] Version control for the Mac

cramer@athens.iex.com (Bill Cramer) (01/10/89)

Greetings,

We are converting our document preparation platform from Unix (Ditroff,
Tbl, etc) to Macintosh (Word, MacDraw, etc).  For our Unix based documents,
we used SCCS for version control.  Are there similar tools available for
controlling Mac files?  I am aware of at least two programs, ByteBucket
and PVCS.  Does anyone have experience with either of these?

Please email your responses and I will summarize if appropriate.

Bill Cramer
IEX Corporation
{uunet,convex,killer}!iex!cramer

ph@cci632.UUCP (Pete Hoch) (01/10/89)

In article <450@iex.UUCP>, cramer@athens.iex.com (Bill Cramer) writes:

> For our Unix based documents, we used SCCS for version control.
> Are there similar tools available for controlling Mac files?

This may seem odd. But MPW 3.0 has version control software built into the
shell.  There for you would only need to buy the shell.  I think it is
about $150.

Pete Hoch