[comp.sys.mac] No Annual Index in MacWorld!

leue@galen.steinmetz (01/11/89)

Has anyone besides me noticed that the January, 1989 issue of MacWorld has
no 1988 annual index, unlike all previous January issues?  Ouch!
I really depended on that index to locate back articles.

Does anyone know what MacWorld's plan is?  Is there going to be no index
from now on?  Will it be an extra charge item?  Available on disk?

(Note: MacUser's January issue is also without an annual index, but I can't
remember whether they provided one in the past.)

-Bill Leue
leue@ge-crd.arpa
uunet!steinmetz!galen!leue
(These are not the opinions of the GE company.)

erc@pai.UUCP (Eric Johnson) (01/11/89)

In article <12913@steinmetz.ge.com>, leue@galen.steinmetz writes:
> Has anyone besides me noticed that the January, 1989 issue of MacWorld has
> no 1988 annual index, unlike all previous January issues?  Ouch!
> I really depended on that index to locate back articles.
> -Bill Leue
> leue@ge-crd.arpa
> uunet!steinmetz!galen!leue
> (These are not the opinions of the GE company.)

Check out the February, 1989 issue of MacWorld.
Starting on page 297, you will find the 1988 Annual

Hope this helps,

-Eric

--
Eric F. Johnson          | Phone +1 612-894-0313             | Are we
Prime Automation,Inc     | UUCP:   bungia!pai!erc            | having

lbaum@bcsaic.UUCP (Larry Baum) (01/12/89)

In article <12913@steinmetz.ge.com> uunet!steinmetz!galen!leue (Bill Leue) writes:
>Has anyone besides me noticed that the January, 1989 issue of MacWorld has
>no 1988 annual index, unlike all previous January issues?  Ouch!
>I really depended on that index to locate back articles.

I do not recall exactly where it was stated, but there was an explicit
announcement in the Jan. issue that the index would appear in the Feb. issue.  So
do not despair!

LSB

Richard_Allen_Bretschneider@cup.portal.com (01/14/89)

In article <12913@steinmetz.ge.com> uunet!steinmetz!galen!leue (Bill Leue) writes:
>Has anyone besides me noticed that the January, 1989 issue of MacWorld has
>no 1988 annual index, unlike all previous January issues?  Ouch!
>I really depended on that index to locate back articles.

If it's like MacWorlds of the past, there is a simple solution.  Get
the schedule on Thursday, Industry Day.  Even if you aren't attending
(have no badge for) the Thursday show, the lobby is usually open and
you can go in and grab a show program (or two)

An even larger problem than simply not knowing where the technical
events are, and a message I previously posted, follows:

Macworld looms on the horizon and I have yet to hear a discussion of
one of the hardest convention activities to coordinate, that is

    Where are the parites?

In particular, what is Apple doing this year.  Is it worth calling
up an evangelist and reminding them to send a ticket?  Boston sure
was!  Anybody heard about this (or others, seems to me there was
a pretty good party put on by Symantec last year...

Ric                             "Say Goodbye Data"
Bretschneider                                 "Goodbye Data"
Disclaimer:  I am but a tool for my employer.

sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) (01/15/89)

in article <13510@cup.portal.com>, Richard_Allen_Bretschneider@cup.portal.com says:

> In article <12913@steinmetz.ge.com> uunet!steinmetz!galen!leue (Bill Leue) writes:
>>Has anyone besides me noticed that the January, 1989 issue of MacWorld has
>>no 1988 annual index, unlike all previous January issues?  Ouch!
>>I really depended on that index to locate back articles.

The index is in the February issue, which is out already.
Jan Harrington, sysop
Scholastech Telecommunications
UUCP: husc6!amcad!stech!sysop or allegra!stech!sysop
BITNET: JHARRY@BENTLEY

	Miscellaneous profundity:

		"No matter where you go, there you are."
				Buckaroo Banzai