[comp.sys.mac] Anyone heard of 'Liaison'?

mha@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) (01/14/89)

I've heard some things about a new program called 'Liaison' that allows
software-based remote access to an AppleTalk network.  I don't know much
about it, but I'm certainly interested!  Can anyone who's used it tell
me all about it?  Reliability?  Speed?  Ease of use?  Can anyone who
HASN'T used it give me any info they have?  Btw, I don't even have the
company name or address, so ANY information would be great!

P.S. If anyone at Cornell is using this, can I come by and take a look
     at it?

--
Mark H. Anbinder                                ** MHA@TCGould.tn.cornell.edu
NG33 MVR Hall, Media Services Dept.             ** THCY@CRNLVAX5.BITNET

stevens@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Curt Stevens) (01/16/89)

In article <7179@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> mha@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) writes:
>I've heard some things about a new program called 'Liaison' that allows
>software-based remote access to an AppleTalk network.  I don't know much
>about it, but I'm certainly interested!  Can anyone who's used it tell
>me all about it?  Reliability?  Speed?  Ease of use?  Can anyone who
>HASN'T used it give me any info they have?  Btw, I don't even have the
>company name or address, so ANY information would be great!

I read about this in MacWEEK or 13 Dec 1988. "Liaison serves as a
localtalk to localtalk and localtalk to ethernet bridge and lets remote
users with any Hayes-compatible modem dial into and connect to localtalk
and ehternet lans." The cost was quoted at $295 per bridge. Their address
is:

Infosphere Inc.
4730 S.W. Macadam Ave.
Portland, OR 97201
(503) 226-3515

|Curt Stevens        (303)492-1218 |   /   |              E-MAIL:             |
|University of Colorado at Boulder |  o o  |              -------             |
|Computer Science Department       |   |   |arpa: stevens@boulder.colorado.edu|
|Campus Box 430                    |  \_/  |csnet:       stevens@boulder.csnet|
|Boulder, Colorado 80309           |       |uucp:{ncar|nbires}!boulder!stevens|

========
| Curt |
========