[comp.sys.mac] Dollars and Sense

zaccone@shire.cs.psu.edu (Rick Zaccone) (01/09/89)

I don't think that I was sufficiently clear about the problem that I'm
having with Dollars and Sense.  I'm running version 4.1c, and I've just
closed last year with the Close Year command.  As several people
pointed out, last years transactions are still available to me.
However, as near as I can determine, there is no way for me to produce
reports and graphs based on last years transactions.  Is this really
true?  The manual should warn the users about this!  Does anyone know
if it is possible to produce reports and graphs based on last years
transactions.  If you haven't closed last year yet, beware!  Print your
reports before doing so.

Rick Zaccone
zaccone@bknlvms.bitnet
zaccone@rigel.bucknell.edu

capener@mips.COM (Christopher L. Capener) (01/10/89)

In article <4197@psuvax1.cs.psu.edu> zaccone@shire.cs.psu.edu (Rick Zaccone) writes:

>... However, as near as I can determine, there is no way for me to produce
>reports and graphs based on last years transactions.  ...
>
>Rick Zaccone
>zaccone@bknlvms.bitnet
>zaccone@rigel.bucknell.edu

I have been able to print some reports and graphs by checking the
'This year vs. last year' (something like that) box in the report dialog.
You do end up with a second column or second set of bars for this year's
data, but the info is there.

If anyone finds a better way, please post it.

PS. Despite problems like this, I do like Dollars & Sense 4.1c.  I find the
'Descriptors' and the hierarchical accounts are particularly useful.

--
Chris Capener                          capener@MIPS.COM
MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.            {ames,decwrl,prls}!mips!capener

dbw@net1.ucsd.edu (David B. Wollner) (01/16/89)

I have finally gone through the close last year in Dollars & Sense 4.1c
and I find there is no problem with getting last year's reports.  I click
in the annual radio button (it's already preselected, but with this year's
totals).  This brings up a select box listing 1988 and 1989.  Select 1988,
and you're ready to go.  Now if only I could get account contribution to
total to do the same thing, I would be happy!