[comp.sys.mac] Sources for Tab Text edit from Mac

leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (01/16/89)

dorourke@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU(David M. O'Rourke) writes in comp.sys.mac

> In the complete MacTutor vol. 2 there is an article on adding tabs to
>text edit.  Since I have to do this in a project I'm working I would
>appreciate it if anyone had an electronic copy of the sources if they could
>send them to me via e-mail.  Any help in obtaining the souces listed in the
>article would be appreciated.
>
>  Also if some kind sole has coverted the stuff it MPW pascal and MPW ASM
>and would like to send those instead then we're talking about major thankyou's.
>
>  Thanks in advance.

	It is my understanding that this source will no longer work with the current
TextEdit - this means not just the new Styled TE, but also the old style TE
under the latest systems.  So in order to use this stuff, your application
would require that your users use System 3.2.

	If you still want it, I may have that source lying around SOMEWHERE ( I
did type it in once, only to discover what I have just told you..)

+                                 +  Any thing I say may be taken as  +
+   Leonard Rosenthol             +  fact, then again you might decide+
+   President, LazerWare, inc.    +  that it really isn't, so you     +
+                                 +  never know, do you??             +
+   leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu     +                                   +
+   GEnie:  MACgician             +  MacNET: MACgician                +
+   Delphi: MACgician             +  AppleLink: D0025                 +
+                                 +                                   +

dorourke@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (David M. O'Rourke) (01/17/89)

In article <46100255@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
> It is my understanding that this source will no longer work with the current
>TextEdit - this means not just the new Styled TE, but also the old style TE
>under the latest systems.  So in order to use this stuff, your application
>would require that your users use System 3.2.
>
>	If you still want it, I may have that source lying around SOMEWHERE ( I
>did type it in once, only to discover what I have just told you..)

  Thankyou very very very much for this information.  I probably would have
pounded my head into the ground thinking it was me rather than the code when
I tried to run it.

  Well.... puts me in a bit of a spot, anyone know of any p.d. tab hacks for
textedit.  I still would like an electronic copy of the text edit article
but only: IF IT IS EASY TO FIND AN UPLOAD, it has now become something that
would be nice to have, but no longer necessary.

  Thanks again for all your help.

  You know people always talk about the cost of the net, but has anyone ever
considered how much it saves. The posting that I'm replying to saved me at
least 1 day {if not more} of completely un-productive work and frustration.
Think about the cost of that.  If the net could save each person who reads
it one day of work & frustration just think about the savings world wide.
Thank you netland, and I hope I can save someone else some time.
--
David M. O'Rourke                                  dorourke@polyslo.calpoly.edu

"If it doesn't do Windows, then it's not a computer!!!"
Disclaimer: I don't represent the school.  All opinions are mine!