[comp.sys.mac] Anomaly type 103 from Interferon3.1

franco@bbn.com (Frank A. Lonigro) (01/18/89)

I ran Interferon3.1 over my hard disk and no virus infections were detected,
not even a "maybe" type warning.  So I desided to run it again but this time
I turned on the Anomaly warnings and it complained that Anomaly 103 was
present in all my LSC projects and library files along with the finder and
verious other programs.

So what is Anomaly 103??  The documentation doesn't mention anything about
this.  BTW, anomaly 103 was the only anomaly found, no other anomalies were
detected.  What's going on???

Thanks in advance,
-franco
===================================  ===   =========   =====================
=   Frank A. Lonigro              =  ===   =========   =====================
=   franco@bbn.com                =  ===         ===         ===         ===
=   franco%bbn.com@relay.cs.net   =  ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===
=   ...!harvard!bbn!franco        =  ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===
=   BBN Inc., Cambridge, Mass.    =  ===         ===         ===   ===   ===
===================================  =======================================

wade@sdacs.ucsd.EDU (Wade Blomgren) (01/18/89)

In article <34694@bbn.COM>, franco@bbn.com (Frank A. Lonigro) writes:
> I ran Interferon3.1 over my hard disk and no virus infections were detected,
> not even a "maybe" type warning.  So I desided to run it again but this time
> I turned on the Anomaly warnings and it complained that Anomaly 103 was
> present in all my LSC projects and library files along with the finder and
> verious other programs.
>
> So what is Anomaly 103??  The documentation doesn't mention anything about
> this.  BTW, anomaly 103 was the only anomaly found, no other anomalies were
> detected.  What's going on???

The "Anomaly" 103 message in Interferon is really a typographical error in
the program itself (or in the documentation, whichever way you choose to
think of it).  An anomaly 103 is really an anomaly "203", CODE resource
in non-application file.  Such files include LSC projects, libraries, and
of course the Finder and more than a few other files.

Wade Blomgren
wade@sdacs.ucsd.edu