[comp.sys.mac] Mac version of NFS ?

swerling@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ace Swerling) (01/20/89)

In article <161@usna.MIL> pjw@usna.MIL (Peter Welcher ) writes:
>I'm asking for a friend: is there a Macintosh version of Sun's NFS
>available, possibly in preliminary form, preferably freeware or
>inexpensive ? I believe I read that the U. of Michigan had a version. Is
>it available to academics ?  Who is the contact ?
>
>Dr. Peter J. Welcher
>(pjw@usna.mil)
>U.S. Naval Academy, Math.

I am only a student at the University of Michigan, so I can't say anything
official at all about MacNFS.  But, I have used the system and it works rather
well.  I wish that I could have it in my room.  Anyway, as far as I know, it's
being developed experimentally at a research center here.  Some of my friends
work for CAEN, which is implementing the system, and I expect that they could
help you.  You might want to send a message to billkatt@caen.engin.umich.edu or
falken@caen.engin.umich.edu.  They should be able to help.

-Ace