[comp.sys.mac] What does SFScrollInit do?

changwoo@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Chang P. Woo) (01/23/89)

I've downloaded a copy of Andy Hertzfield's SFScrollInit from sumex, yet I
don't have any kinds of documentations about what this INIT does. I am
guessing that this INIT patches some codes with SFGetDialog box or
something of that sort, but unfortunately the header of sumex's binhexed
text doesn't give me any clue. Please tell me what this thing does.

(It is quite embarrasing to ask this question. The uploader to sumex seemed
to assume that all people in the net know about this INIT. :-( )

Thanks,
Chang
----
Chang Woo        HB 2932, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755

kent@lloyd.camex.uucp (Kent Borg) (01/23/89)

In article <11917@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> changwoo@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Chang P. Woo) writes:
>I've downloaded a copy of Andy Hertzfield's SFScrollInit from sumex, yet I
>don't have any kinds of documentations about what this INIT does. I am
>guessing that this INIT patches some codes with SFGetDialog box or
>something of that sort, but unfortunately the header of sumex's binhexed

You are right.  Ever done anything repetitive on a directory full of
files?  After the first 9 you have to scroll, and every time you get
the file dialog you have to scroll down again.  SFScrollInit will
leave the scroll bar where it last was.

Kent Borg
kent@lloyd.uucp
or
hscfvax!lloyd!kent

xmjschm@hscfvax.harvard.edu (MJSchmelzer) (01/24/89)

In article <11917@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> changwoo@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Chang P. Woo) writes:
>I've downloaded a copy of Andy Hertzfield's SFScrollInit from sumex, yet I
>don't have any kinds of documentations about what this INIT does.
>Thanks,
>Chang

As near as I can figure, this INIT "keeps your place" in the directory
hierarchy between calls of the SFGet/PutFile dialogs.
Without it, you would normally have to start at the root of your directory
and work down through folders to the location you want, and you would
have to go all the way down from the top each time you use the SF dialog.

That's roughly the idea, I think.
--
==============  xmjschm@harvspha.BITNET =============
Mike Schmelzer  xmjschm@hscfvax.harvard.edu           Quotes are stupid.