[comp.sys.mac] SE Fan Buzz

rkxyv@mergvax (Rob Kedoin) (01/22/89)

My Mac SE is beginning to drive me crazy !!!

The fan is buzzing like a 747 about to take off.  I have the squirrel cage
fan that sits in the upper right corner as you face the rear of the Mac.

Does anyone know of a replacement for this fan and/or the cause and remedy
of the noise I am experiencing ???  I had heard of the "SE Silencer" from
Mobius (spelling?) but from what I read it is for the older style of SE fan.

Help! :-(

		-Rob Kedoin

UUCP:	...{cpmain,icus,motown,philabs}\!mergvax\!rkxyv
ARPA:	rkxyv%mergvax.UUCP@uunet.uu.net
BITNET:	rkxyv%mergvax.UUCP@uunet.uu.net.BITNET
SNAIL-mail: Linotype Company - R&D 425 Oser Avenue Hauppauge, NY 11788
VOICE: (516) 434 - 2729

zeke@eta.unix.ETA.COM (Robert K. Scott) (01/24/89)

In article <3355@mergvax>, rkxyv@mergvax (Rob Kedoin) writes:
> My Mac SE is beginning to drive me crazy !!!
> The fan is buzzing like a 747 about to take off.  I have the squirrel cage
> fan that sits in the upper right corner as you face the rear of the Mac.
> Does anyone know of a replacement for this fan and/or the cause and remedy
> of the noise I am experiencing ???  I had heard of the "SE Silencer" from
> Mobius (spelling?) but from what I read it is for the older style of SE fan.

The squirrel cage fan is the old style SE fan!  The difference is quite
distinct between the two: the old style is loud to the point of distraction,
and you have to listen hard to hear the new style fan.

Get the SE Silencer, or the fan upgrade kit from Apple.

--
These are my opinions, of course.  Why the hell would my company want them?

Robert K. "Zeke" Scott        internet: zeke@sunfun.eta.com
voice: (612) 642-3493         uucp: {amdahl,rutgers}!bungia!eta!sunfun!zeke
snail: ETA Systems, Inc. ETC03J, 1450 Energy Park Drive, St. Paul, MN  55108