[comp.sys.mac] Another WriteNow Question

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (01/23/89)

I have a WriteNow file that I want to print at an enlargement factor of 110%.
In Word, I do this by simply specifying the desired enlargement in the print
dialog. Line lengths with hyphenation points are all maintained. In WriteNow,
there are two separate things to deal with in Page Setup: Print Enlargement
and Ruler Enlargement. If I fill these in at 110%, the line lengths and, most
importantly, the hyphenation points, are not maintained--all the paragraphs
completely reformat. How do I print a WriteNow document at 110% enlargement
that was created with both of the settings mentioned above at 100% so that
line lengths and hyphenation points are maintained. My left margin is 1.5"
and my right margin is 6.25", with a paragraph indent set at 1 7/8".

This is an urgent need as the file is being prepared as a camera ready
master (which will be photo-reduced back to 100% after it is printed at
110%--a quick and dirty way to squeeze a bit more resolution out of the
laserwriter).

Thanks in advance.

--
Peter Steele, Microcomputer Applications Analyst
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS, Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121

lauac@ute.qal.berkeley.edu (Alexander Lau) (01/25/89)

In article <1511@aucs.UUCP> peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) writes:
>I have a WriteNow file that I want to print at an enlargement factor of 110%.
>In Word, I do this by simply specifying the desired enlargement in the print
>dialog. Line lengths with hyphenation points are all maintained. In WriteNow,
>there are two separate things to deal with in Page Setup: Print Enlargement
>and Ruler Enlargement. If I fill these in at 110%, the line lengths and, most
>importantly, the hyphenation points, are not maintained--all the paragraphs
>completely reformat. How do I print a WriteNow document at 110% enlargement
>that was created with both of the settings mentioned above at 100% so that
>line lengths and hyphenation points are maintained. My left margin is 1.5"
>and my right margin is 6.25", with a paragraph indent set at 1 7/8".
>
>This is an urgent need as the file is being prepared as a camera ready
>master (which will be photo-reduced back to 100% after it is printed at
>110%--a quick and dirty way to squeeze a bit more resolution out of the
>laserwriter).
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>--
>Peter Steele, Microcomputer Applications Analyst

Just use the "Print Enlargement" dialog,
because if you use the "Ruler Enlargement"
the reformatting will take place.

WriteNow has no automatic widow/orphan control.
If you're so concerned, port it into PageMaker
and do it manually, or Ready,Set,Go! or Xpress
(which all support the WriteNow format).

As for your header problem, you could either
go into the Header/Footer View, select lines
and play around with the leading, or you could
port it into PageMaker or something like that.

WriteNow is a serious writing tool, but it
isn't a serious DTP tool, yet.

--- Alex
{ihnp4,backbones}!ucbvax!qal.berkeley.edu!lauac