[comp.sys.mac] Macintosh Revealed Vols. 3 and 4

hoyme@milo.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Ken Hoyme) (01/26/89)

I have been reading through the Macintosh Revealed books (Volumes 1 and 2)
and have found numerous references to the 'soon-to-be-published' Volumes 3
and 4 ('Mastering the Toolbox', and a Mac II book I believe).  Does anyone
out there know the status of these volumes?

Thanks,

Ken Hoyme                    Honeywell Systems and Research Center
(612)782-7354                3660 Technology Dr., Minneapolis, MN 55418
Internet: hoyme@src.honeywell.com

drc@claris.com (Dennis Cohen) (01/26/89)

In article <15384@srcsip.UUCP> hoyme@milo.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Ken Hoyme) writes:
>I have been reading through the Macintosh Revealed books (Volumes 1 and 2)
>and have found numerous references to the 'soon-to-be-published' Volumes 3
>and 4 ('Mastering the Toolbox', and a Mac II book I believe).  Does anyone
>out there know the status of these volumes?

I asked about them at the SAMS/Hayden booth at MacWorld -- coincidentally,
Chernicoff walked up while I was asking.  Vol. 3 has been delayed and is
undergoing production now.  They expect it to be shipping mid-to-late
February (their response).  Vol. 4 is still scheduled for late this year,
but the way they hemmed and hawed, I would expect it in Jan-Feb '90.
With the changes to the OS and the expected new hardware for this year, the
target for Vol. 4 has to be shaky (it appears to be mobile rather than
stationary).

Dennis Cohen
Claris Corp.
------------
Disclaimer:  Any opinions expressed above are _MINE_!

hpoppe@bierstadt.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (01/27/89)

In article <15384@srcsip.UUCP> hoyme@milo.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Ken Hoyme) writes:
>I have been reading through the Macintosh Revealed books (Volumes 1 and 2)
>and have found numerous references to the 'soon-to-be-published' Volumes 3
>and 4 ('Mastering the Toolbox', and a Mac II book I believe).  Does anyone
>out there know the status of these volumes?

I stopped by the SAMS (who own Hayden) booth at MacWorld Expo. They had
big signs with a picture of Vol 3. When I couldn't find a copy on their
shelves, a representative said that they couldn't quite get it printed
by the show, but that it "should" be out in February.

Don't know about Vol. 4.

Herb Poppe      NCAR                         INTERNET: hpoppe@scdpyr.UCAR.EDU
(303) 497-1296  P.O. Box 3000                   CSNET: hpoppe@ncar.CSNET
		Boulder, CO  80307               UUCP: hpoppe@scdpyr.UUCP

bezanson@adobe.COM (Brian Bezanson) (01/27/89)

In article <15384@srcsip.UUCP> hoyme@milo.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Ken Hoyme) writes:
>I have been reading through the Macintosh Revealed books (Volumes 1 and 2)
>and have found numerous references to the 'soon-to-be-published' Volumes 3
>and 4 ('Mastering the Toolbox', and a Mac II book I believe).  Does anyone
>out there know the status of these volumes?

At MacWorld they were selling Volumes I and II (second edition) and they
did have a poster up for Volume III. When I asked them about it, they said
that it would be available in February/March time frame. So you try giving
Hayden a call in a few weeks or check with your local book store. It seems
to be a nice book to have (Print manager, etc...) instead of having to sort
through IM.

Awaiting it's arrival too...

Brian Bezanson
bezanson@adobe.com