[comp.sys.mac] File Busy

g556871349ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (0040;0000073669;0;745;352;) (01/28/89)

Our Mac crashed this morning while under LSC. A file that was being used
can not be opened because it has the File Busy bit set (I looked at it in
ResEdit) and it can not be trashed with a dialog box with the Busy message
coming up when I try. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Much thanks in advance if you can help.

Colin Ong
g556871349ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu

knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) (01/28/89)

In article <3563@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> g556871349ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (0040;0000073669;0;745;352;) writes:
>Our Mac crashed this morning while under LSC. A file that was being used
>can not be opened because it has the File Busy bit set (I looked at it in
>ResEdit) and it can not be trashed with a dialog box with the Busy message
>coming up when I try. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
>Much thanks in advance if you can help.

Rebooting under Finder will close the file. Also, there is a DA called
CloseFile which resets the Busy bit of a file. It should be available
on sumex-aim.

By the way, the same problem happens with LSP 2.0 in case of a system
crash.

Edgar

(knapp@cs.utexas.edu)