[comp.sys.mac] Reports in MacMoney

mro@thumper.bellcore.com (Mike R. Ordun) (01/25/89)

I feel like I must be missing something obvious.  When using MacMoney how
do I generate a report that lists all transactions associated with a
particular category?  For example, all transactions associated with a
child care category or all transactions associated with a grocery category.
The individual transactions may have come from differnt accounts like checking
or cash.  This seems like such a logical thing to do that I am totally
frustrated in trying to figure out how.

Thanks in advance -- Mike Ordun, mro@thumper.bellcore.com

ph@cci632.UUCP (Pete Hoch) (01/26/89)

In article <1437@thumper.bellcore.com>, (Mike R. Ordun) writes:
> I feel like I must be missing something obvious.  When using MacMoney how
> do I generate a report that lists all transactions associated with a
> particular category?  For example, all transactions associated with a
> child care category or all transactions associated with a grocery category.
> The individual transactions may have come from differnt accounts like checking
> or cash.  This seems like such a logical thing to do that I am totally
> frustrated in trying to figure out how.
>
> Thanks in advance -- Mike Ordun, mro@thumper.bellcore.com

The report you want is the custom transaction activity report.  When you
select this the first dialog the comes up lets you select a specific
account or all.  All should be the default.  Click on OK.  Now you get a
second dialog box.  This one is big and realy buisy.  About in the middle
twards the bottom there are three radio buttons: Name; Catagory; and ID.
Select the Catagory radio button and a srolable field comes to life next
to the buttons.  Scroll through this until you find the catagory you are
interested in.  select it an hit OK.  You will now get an itemized list of
all your transactions for that catagory from all of your accounts.  There
will even be totals at the bottom for each account.

The custom transaction activity report is a very powerfull report and it
would be worth a few hours of your time to play with it to learn the
effect of all the options on the output.

Pete Hoch

schase@pollux.usc.edu (Scott Chase) (01/29/89)

In article <1437@thumper.bellcore.com> mro@thumper.bellcore.com (Mike R. Ordun) writes:
>I feel like I must be missing something obvious.  When using MacMoney how
>do I generate a report that lists all transactions associated with a
>particular category?  For example, all transactions associated with a
>child care category or all transactions associated with a grocery category.
>The individual transactions may have come from differnt accounts like checking
>or cash.  This seems like such a logical thing to do that I am totally
>frustrated in trying to figure out how.
>
>Thanks in advance -- Mike Ordun, mro@thumper.bellcore.com

MacMoney is confusing in this respect - there are two screens that come
up for transaction reports. The first one is to set SOURCE categories
(really account types) - you should leave that set to ALL categories.
On the second screen, select the category you wish in the appropriate
place (I forget whether you can select more than one category).

Hope this helps

         Scott Chase            schase@pollux.usc.edu
                                iak8sct@oac.ucla.edu