[comp.sys.mac] Cobol for Mac?

segall@clash.rutgers.edu (Ed Segall) (01/24/89)

Is there a Cobol for the Mac?  Better yet, is there an inexpensive
Cobol for the Mac?

Thanks,

--Ed Segall
--

uucp: ...{anywhere}!rutgers!caip.rutgers.edu!segall

arpa: segall@caip.rutgers.edu

doug@bear.cis.ohio-state.edu (Doug Kerr) (01/24/89)

In article <Jan.23.11.16.42.1989.9211@clash.rutgers.edu> segall@clash.rutgers.edu (Ed Segall) writes:

>Is there a Cobol for the Mac?

We looked hard for a Cobol on the Macs a couple of years ago and were
unable to find one.
-=-
 Douglas S. Kerr, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277
 doug@cis.ohio-state.edu                    614/292-1519
 ...!{pyramid,killer}!osu-cis!doug

sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) (01/29/89)

in article <32410@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, doug@bear.cis.ohio-state.edu (Doug Kerr) says:

> In article <Jan.23.11.16.42.1989.9211@clash.rutgers.edu> segall@clash.rutgers.edu (Ed Segall) writes:
>
>>Is there a Cobol for the Mac?
>
> We looked hard for a Cobol on the Macs a couple of years ago and were
> unable to find one.

A Cobol for the Mac has been published. It's called MacCobol (surprise,
surprise...). Since I don't have it here, I can't tell you who sells it.
However, if you're serious about this, send me mail. I'll look at the
package when I go in to work next week.

Jan Harrington, sysop
Scholastech Telecommunications
UUCP: husc6!amcad!stech!sysop or allegra!stech!sysop
BITNET: JHARRY@BENTLEY

	Miscellaneous profundity:

		"No matter where you go, there you are."
				Buckaroo Banzai