[comp.sys.mac] When cometh Word 4.0?

kalinowi@topaz.rutgers.edu (Kalin) (01/23/89)

Does anyone know when Microsoft plans on releasing Word 4.0 for the
Mac?  I have been researchers Mac word processing and I really think
all the feature I have seen about 4.0 fit our needs.

From what I understand, it was supposed to be out in Dec.

nagel@paris.ics.uci.edu (Mark Nagel) (01/27/89)

In article <Jan.22.12.34.27.1989.11519@topaz.rutgers.edu>, kalinowi@topaz (Kalin) writes:

|Does anyone know when Microsoft plans on releasing Word 4.0 for the
|Mac?  I have been researchers Mac word processing and I really think
|all the feature I have seen about 4.0 fit our needs.
|
|From what I understand, it was supposed to be out in Dec.

It was also supposed to be out in August.  Now it is supposed to be
out sometime before 2nd quarter.  Oh well, at least they didn't make
anyone pay money to reserve a copy.

Mark Nagel @ UC Irvine, Dept of Info and Comp Sci
ARPA: nagel@ics.uci.edu              | Charisma doesn't have jelly in the
UUCP: {sdcsvax,ucbvax}!ucivax!nagel  | middle. -- Jim Ignatowski

chuq%plaid@Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (01/27/89)

>Does anyone know when Microsoft plans on releasing Word 4.0 for the
>Mac?  I have been researchers Mac word processing and I really think
>all the feature I have seen about 4.0 fit our needs.
>
>From what I understand, it was supposed to be out in Dec.

It's still in Beta. It'll come out as soon as Microsoft decides it is really
stable (as opposed to Word 3.0, which shipped when they decided it should be
stable). I think it's safe to say Beta is coming close to wrapping up,
though, so it's getting closer.

Chuq Von Rospach	Editor/Publisher, OtherRealms		chuq@sun.COM
       And now a message for the eyes of only those people with
       Commander Chuqui Secret Decoder Rings:
       7-3-6-27-24-4-10-6-27-3-2-23-27-23-10-7-27-3-24-24-4-20-11-7-24

mg2p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mario Castelou Goertzel) (01/29/89)

>Does anyone know when Microsoft plans on releasing Word 4.0 for the
>Mac?  I have been researchers Mac word processing and I really think
>all the feature I have seen about 4.0 fit our needs.

>From what I understand, it was supposed to be out in Dec.

It was Dec.but I just went to our computer store, and they said *March* is the
new release date. I purchased 3.02 back in August for the upgrade in Nov., what
happened Microsoft?

stuartb@microsoft.UUCP (Stuart Burden) (01/30/89)

In article <MXsTvWy00V45MLa0p3@andrew.cmu.edu> mg2p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mario Castelou Goertzel) writes:
     | It was Dec.but I just went to our computer store,
     | and they said *March* is the new release date. I purchased
     | 3.02 back in August for the upgrade in Nov., what happened Microsoft?

The testing cycle of Word 4.0 is taking longer than originally anticipated.

I'm sure it will see the light of day soon, as it's looking really solid
now (I have absolutely no idea of a specific date).

When I have a copy in my hand and a manual on my shelf, then it's shipped.

Stu.

microsoft!stuartb@beaver.cs.washington.edu  -   Usual disclaimer, that all
microsoft!stuartb@uw-beaver.arpa            -   the above is pure fantasy
microsoft!stuartb@uunet.UU.NET              -       and Microsoft only