[comp.sys.mac] Dental Ware

Mike_G_Newman@cup.portal.com (01/27/89)

I'm posting this for a friend who runs a small dental clinic
(three dentists) here in the Mariana Islands and who is seeking a
Dental Office Management software package for the Mac.  He is a
Mac user at home but has had to resort to using MS-DOS machines
in the office because he hasn't been able to locate any decent
Mac-based Dental Ware.  He says that he has looked at a number of
packages including a highly touted HyperCard based package that
was featured in one of the mags a few months back, but that none
of them were as good as the MS-DOS ware that he uses now.  The
one package that seemed to have the right features appeared to be
a PC port that didn't run well on the Mac.

If you know of Dental Ware for the Mac, please e-mail your leads,
including postal mailing addresses of the vendors, if possible.

Thanks,

*=================================================================*
*   Michael G Newman          |  Mike_G_Newman@cup.portal.com     *
*   Now or Never              |  sun!cup.portal.com!Mike_G_Newman *
*   P.O. Box 1510             |  MCI: mnewman (333-1196)          *
*   Saipan MP 96950 USA       |  voice: (670)234-7726             *
*=================================================================*

ted@hpwrce.HP.COM ( Ted Johnson) (01/30/89)

I also have a dentist friend in the same predicament.
Any info would be quite appreciated!

-Ted

hgw@toyon.math.ucla.edu (Harold Wong) (02/01/89)

In article <14003@cup.portal.com> Mike_G_Newman@cup.portal.com writes:
>I'm posting this for a friend who runs a small dental clinic
>(three dentists) here in the Mariana Islands and who is seeking a
>Dental Office Management software package for the Mac.  He is a

Since someone brought it up, is there something for Podiatrist?

Harold Wong         (213) 825-9040
UCLA-Mathnet; 3915F MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA 90024-1555
ARPA: hgw@math.ucla.edu          BITNET: hgw%math.ucla.edu@INTERBIT

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (02/01/89)

In article <7380003@hpwrce.HP.COM> ted@hpwrce.HP.COM ( Ted Johnson) writes:
>Any info would be quite appreciated!

I assume that all authorized Apple dealers have access to AppleLink.
If so, then any authorized Apple dealer can find out every product that
Apple knows about for a vertical market.  On AppleLink, there is a
selection called "MENU/Software Lib".  They can enter the word "dental"
to get a list of 67 different products (as of this morning) available
for Apple Computers (both II and Mac) in the dental field (office
management, training, etc.)  You can search for any string of words;
this means you can look for "hotel management" or "dental floss
production" or whatever you want.

Apple also has just put out a CD-ROM disk called "The Apple Reference &
Presentations Library."  This CD went out to every Apple field employee
above the area associate level two weeks ago.  This CD contains (among
other things) a 4th Dimension database containing third party vertical
market products (for the Macintosh only.)  This list had 25 Macintosh
specific packages for dental office management listed.

Disclaimer: I'm a software weenie.  I don't know squat about marketing.
I know what I see in front of me.  Apple probably doesn't recommend any
specific dental package.  I'm certainly not qualified to recommend any
dental packages.

--Brian Bechtel		blob@apple.com