[comp.sys.mac] VersaTerm 4.0 and SuperPaint 2.0 upgrade status

malone@cod.NOSC.MIL (John P. Malone) (01/28/89)

  Two of my favorite Mac software products have major upgrade status
as follows:

   A. VersaTerm - Version 4.0 is on the 'edge' of shipping. The hold
up has been documentation production not Lonnie Abelbecks superior
coding. Their flyer received today confirms a phone call last week.
The upgrade is $ 20.00 to registered owners. The Cover of your old
user manual needs to be sent in with payment. You get a new manual
this time & a new serial number. The old Peripherals Computers &
Supplies, Inc. (PCS Inc.) is now;
     Synergy Software
     2457 Perkiomen Avenue
     Reading, PA  19606      (215) 779-0522

   B. SuperPaint - Version 2.0 is out the door. I got the total new
package via UPS this afternoon. Payment, with their order form, was
mailed in 4 days ago. Although major enhancements were announced
late last summer, Ver 2.0, finally made it. Upgrade is best made with
their announcement mailing which registered owners should just now be
receiving. Base upgrade is $ 50.00, but payments vary depending on Tax,
shipping etc. Here is their address;
     Silicon Beach Software
     9770 Carroll Center Road
     Suite J
     San Diego, CA 92126     (619) 695-6956

Disclaimer: I've no connection with either products or firms involved.

  A happy user of these rock-solid superior Mac software applications

 -=-=-=-=- Pat Malone -=-=-=-=-=- malone@cod.Nosc.MIL -=-=-=-=-=-

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (02/01/89)

In article <1380@cod.NOSC.MIL> malone@cod.NOSC.MIL (John P. Malone) writes:

<   B. SuperPaint - Version 2.0 is out the door. I got the total new
<package via UPS this afternoon. Payment, with their order form, was
<mailed in 4 days ago. Although major enhancements were announced
<late last summer, Ver 2.0, finally made it. Upgrade is best made with
<their announcement mailing which registered owners should just now be
<receiving. Base upgrade is $ 50.00, but payments vary depending on Tax,
<shipping etc. Here is their address;
<     Silicon Beach Software
<     9770 Carroll Center Road
<     Suite J
<     San Diego, CA 92126     (619) 695-6956

Speaking of SuperPaint, a long time ago when Word 4.0 was announced, it
was supposed to include SuperPaint with the upgrade. Is that still going
to happen, and if so will it be the new or old SuperPaint?

Shirley Kehr

jay@utastro.UUCP (Jay Boisseau) (02/02/89)

> Speaking of SuperPaint, a long time ago when Word 4.0 was announced, it
> was supposed to include SuperPaint with the upgrade. Is that still going
> to happen, and if so will it be the new or old SuperPaint?
>
> Shirley Kehr

The consumer rep at MS told me that Superpaint 1.1 (or whatever came before
2.0) would be distributed with Word.  We have to upgrade ourselves....

Jay (jay@astro.as.utexas.edu)