[comp.sys.mac] diff program wanted

vita@daredevil.steinmetz (Mark F. Vita) (02/04/89)

In article <1582@spp2.UUCP> rroux@spp2 () writes:
>Is there a program (public domain, shareware, or comercial) available for the
>Mac plus that can be used to compare two files for differences?  I thinking
>along the lines of the Unix 'diff' command, where the differences are
>displayed -- I realize the Macs view of files is different than Unix, but
>is there anything close (even if I have to convert the files to ascii).

Yes, there is indeed such a program for the Mac -- it's called
"TextDiff 0.9".  It allows to you to select two text files, and writes
the differences out to a third file.  It is a copyrighted but free
program.  I believe it is available on sumex, but if not, let me know
and I'll send you a binhex.

----
Mark Vita                              ARPA: vita@ge-crd.ARPA
General Electric Company               UUCP: vita@desdemona.crd.ge.com
Corporate R & D                              desdemona!vita@steinmetz.UUCP
Schenectady, NY                              uunet!steinmetz!desdemona!vita