[comp.sys.mac] Where can I ftp .GIF images?

jgc@uoregon.uoregon.edu (James Gerald Campbell) (02/04/89)

I have recently moved into the (wonderful) world of Mac II color, and have
discovered Giffer and the .GIF files - I'm hooked.  My question is, can
someone supply me with a list of ftp sites that supply images?  Info-mac
at sumex-aim has the app and some images, but they are all facial shots of
women.  Compuserve has some great stuff, but at $12/hour and 1200 baud, I
would like to find someother source.  Mail or post; if response warrents,
I'll summarize to the net.

Thanks,

Jim Campbell
jgc@drizzle.cs.uoregon.edu
..!mips!mist!drizzle!jgc
"on my machine, a picture is worth 128K words"

name@Portia.Stanford.EDU (tony cooper) (02/04/89)

In article <3700@uoregon.uoregon.edu> jgc@drizzle.UUCP (James Gerald Campbell) writes:

>I have recently moved into the (wonderful) world of Mac II color, and have
>discovered Giffer and the .GIF files - I'm hooked.  My question is, can
>someone supply me with a list of ftp sites that supply images?  Info-mac
>at sumex-aim has the app and some images, but they are all facial shots of
>women.

What's wrong with women?

Anyway, a great source for GIF files is hubcap.clemson.edu (192.5.219.1).
They have their selection divided into 256, 128, 64 etc colour pictures.

Tony