[comp.sys.mac] Public domain

jtn@potomac.ads.com (John T. Nelson) (02/04/89)

Are their any public domain Pascal compilers available on to ARPAnet
or Usenet sites?  Well, how about an extremely inexpensive Pascal
compiler?  I have a one-shot application that I want to compile on my
Mac II so I don't want to spend much money.

Even Borland's $150 is more than I care to pay.

So... suggestions?

--

John T. Nelson			UUCP: sun!sundc!potomac!jtn
Advanced Decision Systems	Internet:  jtn@potomac.ads.com

"The only thing more useless than a Faberge' egg is a coffee table
picture book about Faberge' eggs"

pearl@porthos.rutgers.edu (Starbuck) (02/05/89)

In article <7585@potomac.ads.com> jtn@potomac.ads.com (John T. Nelson) writes:

> Are their any public domain Pascal compilers available on to ARPAnet
> or Usenet sites?  Well, how about an extremely inexpensive Pascal
> compiler?  I have a one-shot application that I want to compile on my
> Mac II so I don't want to spend much money.
>
> Even Borland's $150 is more than I care to pay.

John,

Borland's Turbo Pascal is only around $65 from such places as
Mac-Connection and Mac-Warehouse.  You can also get Lightspeed Pascal
2.0 for about that price as well.  They are relatively inexpensive and
provide really good support.  Lightspeed may be the better route as I
am not sure of Borland's commitment to the Macintosh market.

STeve
---
Stephen Pearl (Starbuck)    Work: (201)932-2443   Home: (201)246-3927
UUCP:  rutgers!aramis.rutgers.edu!pearl   ARPA:  pearl@aramis.rutgers.edu
US MAIL:  LPO 12749 CN 5064, New Brunswick, NJ 08903
QUOTES: "What is Starbuck-ing?" -Adultress 19
	"Works for me!" -Rick Hunter (The Cop, not the Robotech Defender)