[comp.sys.mac] Intermail & system hanging

grants@usage.csd.unsw.oz (Grant Sayer) (02/02/89)

Does anyone have any experience with Intermail V1.0 from Interactive
Network Technology.  A system crash occurs within a network of Mac Plus'
and a Mac II when a message is sent to the Mac II running system 6.02

Thanks for any suggesstions
Grant Sayer (grants%usage.csd.unsw.oz@munnari.oz)

leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (02/06/89)

grants@usage.csd.unsw.oz(Grant Sayer) writes in comp.sys.mac

>Does anyone have any experience with Intermail V1.0 from Interactive
>Network Technology.  A system crash occurs within a network of Mac Plus'
>and a Mac II when a message is sent to the Mac II running system 6.02

	Was not Intermail bought out by our dear friends at Microsoft??  If so,
(and I believe it is, but I'll let Stuart confirm) then I would contact
them about an upgrade.  We are using MSMail (which is the renamed version)
on MacII's without problem, but I do recall that we could not use it before we
upgraded.

Disclaimer: I would rather be using QuickMail!!

+   Leonard Rosenthol             +  fact, then again you might decide+
+   President, LazerWare, inc.    +  that it really isn't, so you     +
+                                 +  never know, do you??             +
+   leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu     +                                   +
+   GEnie:  MACgician             +  MacNET: MACgician                +
+   Delphi: MACgician             +  AppleLink: D0025                 +

stuartb@microsoft.UUCP (Stuart Burden) (02/09/89)

In article <46100277@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
   || grants@usage.csd.unsw.oz(Grant Sayer) writes in comp.sys.mac
   || Does anyone have any experience with Intermail V1.0 from Interactive
   || Network Technology.  A system crash occurs within a network of Mac Plus'
   || and a Mac II when a message is sent to the Mac II running system 6.02

   | Was not Intermail bought out by our dear friends at Microsoft??  If so,
   | (and I believe it is, but I'll let Stuart confirm) then I would contact
   | them about an upgrade.  We are using MSMail (which is the renamed version)
   | on MacII's without problem, but I do recall that we could not use
   | it before we upgraded.

Leonard is correct.  Microsoft bought InterMail from InterNet Technologies
some time back.  The problem you are having went away in version 1.36 of
Microsoft Mail.

Version 1.37 is the current version.

To update, call customer service at: (206) 882 8088

   | Disclaimer: I would rather be using QuickMail!!

:-)

   | Leonard Rosenthol

Stu.

microsoft!stuartb@beaver.cs.washington.edu  -   Usual disclaimer, that all