[comp.sys.mac] Comm programs that use the whole screen

dce@stan.UUCP (David Elliott) (02/10/89)

When I first started using SmartCommII, one of the reasons I did so was
because it allows me to display 42 lines on my screen, which I am used
to (I have a Sun at work and have used Wyse60s in the past).

Sadly, SmartCommII doesn't seem to have a mode in which I can actually
use the entire screen during an edit session.  It just emulates a 24x80
terminal.

Are there any communications programs that have Xmodem, file capture,
and allow use of the entire screen?  It's also nice if I can have an
icon on my desktop that automatically logs me into a system, but for a
big screen, I can suffer a little.

--
David Elliott		...!pyramid!boulder!stan!dce

holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) (02/14/89)

In article <440@salgado.stan.UUCP> dce@stan.UUCP (David Elliott) writes:

>Are there any communications programs that have Xmodem, file capture,
>and allow use of the entire screen?  It's also nice if I can have an

You should get VersaTerm.  I haven't tried a full screen, but I have it
set for a 35 line VT100, which is just fine for a split screen EMACS.

>icon on my desktop that automatically logs me into a system, but for a
>big screen, I can suffer a little.

(but, you may have to suffer a little :)

Fred Hollander
Computer Science Center
Texas Instruments, Inc.
hollander@ti.com

The above statements are my own and not representative of Texas Instruments.