[comp.sys.mac] BinHex and Stuffit & other stuff

aberg@math.rutgers.edu (Hans Aberg) (01/28/89)

A lot of stuff can be gotten from  sumex-aim.stanford.edu
via anonymous ftp.

Hans Aberg, Professor in Mathematics
Rutgers University

spero@hposdl.HP.COM (Spero Koulouras) (02/04/89)

My copies of BinHex and Stuffit came from the Berkeley Macintosh
User's Group (BMUG) at MacWorld.  You can reach BMUG at:

  BMUG Inc.
  1442A Walnut Street, #62
  Berkeley, CA 94709-1496
  (415) 549-2684

Ask for Telecom disk #1.  You may have to join the user group
to get disks.  Disks cost $4 each plus $3 per order for shipping
and handling.  The disks contain shareware and you are expected
to register with the program author.

Regards,
Spero Koulouras
Hewlett-Packard

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (02/07/89)

In article <660004@hposdl.HP.COM> spero@hposdl.HP.COM (Spero Koulouras) writes:
>My copies of BinHex and Stuffit came from the Berkeley Macintosh
>User's Group (BMUG) at MacWorld.  You can reach BMUG at:
>
>  BMUG Inc.
>  1442A Walnut Street, #62
>  Berkeley, CA 94709-1496
>  (415) 549-2684
>
>Ask for Telecom disk #1.  You may have to join the user group
>to get disks.  Disks cost $4 each plus $3 per order for shipping
>and handling.  The disks contain shareware and you are expected
>to register with the program author.

Just a clarification:

People do *not* need to be BMUG members to purchase disks (or back issues
of newsletters, PD-ROMs, or other stuff suchlike).

>Regards,
>Spero Koulouras
>Hewlett-Packard

Thanks,
John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarnet            |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709                                         |  |
(415) 549-2684                                              |  |

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (02/10/89)

In article <660004@hposdl.HP.COM> spero@hposdl.HP.COM (Spero Koulouras) writes:
<My copies of BinHex and Stuffit came from the Berkeley Macintosh
<User's Group (BMUG) at MacWorld.  You can reach BMUG at:
<
<  BMUG Inc.
<  1442A Walnut Street, #62
<  Berkeley, CA 94709-1496
<  (415) 549-2684
<
<Ask for Telecom disk #1.  You may have to join the user group
<to get disks.  Disks cost $4 each plus $3 per order for shipping
<and handling.  The disks contain shareware and you are expected
<to register with the program author.

Are BMUG's disks (at $4) 400k or 800k? Do they pack them fairly full
and tell you how many k is on each disk like Budgetbytes does?

Shirley Kehr

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (02/14/89)

In article <82942@felix.UUCP> kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes:
(citation deleted)

>Are BMUG's disks (at $4) 400k or 800k? Do they pack them fairly full
>and tell you how many k is on each disk like Budgetbytes does?
>
>Shirley Kehr

BMUG's disks are all 800k (well, 770, actually), and they're all packed
pretty full (probably 740k on average).  We don't print the k used on each
disk, however.  BTW, for people with 400k drives only, we'll send the
equivalent of one of our 800k disks on two 400k's, for a slight
duplicating charge.  Our best deal perhaps is the 4-disk System Tools set
for nine (that's right) bucks.

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\