[comp.sys.mac] Default settings on a Mac. Is it possible?

mmccann@hubcap.UUCP (Mike McCann) (02/14/89)

Has anyone written an Init that resets the Mac's control panel setting
to a user defined set of defaults?  We have several Macs on display in
our Micro Center for people to play with before they purchase a Mac (or
to see if they want one).  We want the people to play with them, the
problem comes when they play too much and dont set everything back to
"normal".  MacII Monitors set for b&w 2 color, Ram cache set for 1024K,
background color set to some strange shade of green, etc.  It would be
wonderful just the restart the machine and have all the settings back to
"normal".

Another semi-related question, can you set startup to a file instead of
an application?  We have a demo that is booted by double-clicking on a
list of graphic files but I cant set startup to the file.  Any way
around this?

Thanks for the help in advance,

--
Mike McCann                        Internet = mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu
Poole Computer Center (Box P-21)       UUCP = gatech!hubcap!mmccann

hase@netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken) (02/17/89)

In article <4409@hubcap.UUCP> mmccann@hubcap.UUCP (Mike McCann) writes:
>Has anyone written an Init that resets the Mac's control panel setting
>to a user defined set of defaults?

My new System included MacroMaker.

A simple Macro can do everything (e.g. switch off the Mac on keystroke

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase@netmbx.UUCP
If there is something more important than my Ego, I want it caught and shot.